Think or Swim access

dulcima

Hi

I am informed that Think or Swim is not available to UK residents and there is no suggested opening any time soon. It is owned by TD Ameritrade, i have contacted TD Waterhouse to ask if they have the same or similar options platform but the answer is negative.

Is there anyway around this. I like thier tools but do not necessarily have to trade through them.

thanks

Hi

I am informed that Think or Swim is not available to UK residents and there is no suggested opening any time soon. It is owned by TD Ameritrade, i have contacted TD Waterhouse to ask if they have the same or similar options platform but the answer is negative.

Is there anyway around this. I like thier tools but do not necessarily have to trade through them.

thanks

Have you tried joining through CBOE?? The 'Paper Money' program by Think or Swim is awesome. That's whom I am through and use the platform constantly. Real time charts and the same good research venues. Cboe.com

Good info Skybeacon.

Dulcima, Can you not download the platform and use for free with data limitations anywhere in the world?

It's an online program so you don;t actually download it. Through CBOE anyway.
yes the quotes are labeled different dates rather than time delayed and there seems to be a bit of a delay on the options chains but the main activity screen is real-time and so are the charts.

I'm using it right now for my paper trading. Literally - right now. Market just opened. I will say though, it's got a rather long catch-up time at open. A market sell order I placed lost 20% while orders were filled ahead of mine.
Not sure if that's what the real program works like. I use the active trader through TD for my real trades.

Hi

had a look at CBOE and its very good. Reference the delay with getting positions filled, are you meaning for credit limit as with all paper trading software most prices are very near market prices as its a machine thats filling the orders and not real traders. I am informed that the real platform is much quicker, although there will likely be delays at the opening on free platforms, I would place limits and not market on real money.

On another note I have been searching for a reliable profit alert website that is not totally hopeless, has anyone found any good websites be it for confirmation on your own analysis or using in addition to your own trading plan.

I have subscribed to Jeff Ziegler, last July 7 from 9 trades were winners, then September was poor, more like chasing the trades. Anybody used this site. thanks.