The Easiest Instrument to Trade.

Which instrument do you think is the easiest to trade?

• Equities

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Commodities

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Forex

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Indices

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Money markets

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
P and L could be after a lucky run, and nothing to do with statistical advantage
Hi oildaytrader,
Okay, I'm with you now.
Yes, possibly I suppose, but unlikely in my view as I traded them both heavily and over many months using the same strategy. Therefore, I would have expected a similar result from both stocks - regardless of whether it was profit or loss. As it is, of all the stocks I traded in 2008 (a lot!), I made the most profit on POT and lost the most on AAPL. (Happily, the former outweighed the latter!) My basic premise remains that there's no inherent advantage in trading one instrument in preference to another. All advantages and disadvantages are purely those provided by the trader: one man's meat is another man's poison etc.
Tim.

I have found the longer the TF the more similar markets tend to behave. On very low TF's markets can look vastly different. There is no best market but I tend to decide on a strat that I wish to use, then go looking for a market that will fit that strat and not the other way around.

I spoke to a guy today who works for ETX Capital as an account manager, so I took the opportunity to ask him who in general were his winning customers.

His reply was that most of ETX’s clients trade FX on short term time frames, from intraday to a few days. He also admitted that most of them loose over time.

He said however that the majority of his winning clients traded equities over the longer periods.

I Thought that was quite interesting and relevant to this thread.

Jason

Last edited:
I spoke to a guy today who works for ETX Capital as an account manager, so I took the opportunity to ask him who in general were his winning customers.

His reply was that most of ETX’s clients trade FX on short term time frames, from intraday to a few days. He also admitted that most of them loose over time.

He said however that the majority of his winning clients traded equities over the longer periods.

I Thought that was quite interesting and relevant to this thread.

Jason

Swing trading stocks? Id be scared about massive gap downs against me jumping through my stop and me owing them money!
Interesting though.