The "Double-Top" Analysis

Couldn't agree more, split. All these things do is give you a reason to make a trade . When you take the trade you are merely making an assumption about which way price will go (albeit that the assumption may be supported by some expectation of how such things have turned out in the past) and the real business starts from there.

The difficulty is that price often staggers about like a drunken sailor and if you pick him up as he leaves the bar on the assumption that he's going back to his ship, he might lurch off in the wrong direction before he gets his bearings, or he might be searching for a new bar even further away from his ship, or he might just stagger around aimlessly until the dawn. Trying to make sense of his erratic progress likely involves making further assumptions and since they are just as likely to have the same difficulty you might just as well use your "cloud technique" and leave him to it at a point that doesn't involve too long a walk back to your starting point.

jon

Are you having a dig at me? :D

Musicians have a name for that. Syncopation. An uneven movement from one bar to the next. :)

Are you having a dig at me? :D

Musicians have a name for that. Syncopation. An uneven movement from one bar to the next. :)

:LOL: Ah, your sailor days are well over, split - you'll know better than me about the
drunken bit though :)

jon