Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Waste of time and effort

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Get a life..!

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

rickxt2w

Hi Guys

Having been spreadbetting for 3 years and holding accounts with IG, Cantor, CMC, City Index and Finspreads, I know that I'm not always using the best of the bunch for a particular trade. My own style could be best described as swing trading and I do know that I definitely make more money when I use CMC and Finspreads for this type of trading on equities and indices. I am not sure why though. Tighter spreads, slippage, execution delays, expirations..?

With this in mind, I though that it might be useful to compile a league table which would allow a less subjective assessment of each SB company's merits as seems to be the case in many of the other threads. Obviously, one's trading style, methodologies and markets determine which are the most important criteria for each individual but the more basic criteria are universally advantageous. This analysis should be useful for beginners and provide a handy reference for more seasoned traders.

I propose to do the following if there is reasonable support for this initiative...

Step 1 - agree a list of criteria by which SB companies should be measured which is itself neither subjective or opinionated. A SB company might have tighter spreads in one particular market and not in another so criteria cannot be applied universally and will have to be broken down into a bit more detail.

Step 2 - publish this list and ask for input into the various categories.

Step 3 - assimilate this information and publish the results.

Step 4 - the fun part. Agree on weighting factors which would allow one to make a general comparison across all SB co.s and produce a league table which should be more useful than ratings by investment magazines.

So, to kick this whole thing off and gauge the level of interest, I am going to post the first reply which should hopefully get the ball rolling.

Happy trading

Rick

So, folks... I need input on 2 things to get this started.

1) Who are the spread betting companies who should be included apart from IG, Cantor, CMC, Finspreads, City Index and Capital Spreads?

2) What criteria do you want to see apart from:

Spread tightness, spread skewing, slippage, time to fill, price expirations, hitting stops, dispute resolution, phone trading (time to answer, manner) internet trading (platform, functionality, ease of use, reliability), charting, 24 hr trading, markets covered and statements?

Reply here or PM me. Happy trading..

Rick

Who are the spread betting companies who should be included apart from IG, Cantor, CMC, Finspreads, City Index and Capital Spreads?

Man?