Stupid or what!!

if you tell them you've had a bad day, they freak out. If you tell them you've had a good day, a new handbag appears in the hallway the next evening. Upon questioning she will say 'my other handbags are sooo tatty and this one was on sale, only £200'. Go to the shop and you will find out it wasn't on sale, and it was £350.

Rule no. 4 should be rule no. 1, no question.

lol!

If you tell them you've had a bad day, they freak out. If you tell them you've had a good day, a new handbag appears in the hallway the next evening. Upon questioning she will say 'my other handbags are sooo tatty and this one was on sale, only £200'. Go to the shop and you will find out it wasn't on sale, and it was £350.

Rule no. 4 should be rule no. 1, no question.

Exactly right! Spot on. Good Post. (y)

Watching them freak out ain't fun either.

Peter

why do they freak out? i'm going to try teaching my girlfriend to trade. seriously! not sure what market yet though. something girly :jester:

Hi again

many thanks for all your replies which are both amusing and enlightening, much appreciated.
I have indeed learnt a lesson or two and, I suppose reasonably cheaply, so I'll put it down to experience. I think I might wait some time before I even consider 'playing' with indices again! Somebody told me that novices should stick to spreadbetting shares until they know what's going on - and I think this is probably good advice!

Cheers, Big Al

Last edited:
Hi

Don't beat yourself up, stop loss saved you (as it should), being there, that done that few times, I'm sure quite a few have.

I traded indices for years but swapped over to fx, whatever product you trading, maybe, just learn one to start with, what works with one, might not work with another, get to know how, when, why etc, what moves it, what doesn't, when's best to trade, when's not, you already mentioned post US open.

I do similiar and try and trade euro hours 7 am start and finish by 1pm, then leave it

Good Luck

yeah, well that goes without saying really. shouldn't stop her turning into Linda Bradford Raschke.