Stratford fx info needed

Darran Cox Of Stratford FX, Barcelona Spain, today suggested that an initial investment of 5,000 Euro would see a return of 30% in the short term.
He admits that 30% of his trades DO NOT make money.
He would envisage about ten trades a year.
Given that there is a "10% Insurance Premium" built in ("We bet both ways") and I reinvested all the money infuture trades, I make that a profit in excess of 1 Billion Euro, even after losses after 2 years
Anyone looking for some easy money should give him a call. But quickly, becasuse he doesn't have much room to service many new clients. He has rang me many times over the last few weeks - on my mobile phone, and has spent at least a total of 2 hours talking me through all the details.
Please make an orderly queue

Hi Everyone,

I just joined today thanks to Google finding stratfordfx on this board. Darren Cox has been calling me every three days for about 2 months. I keep putting him off by being in meetings etc and ignoring his calls. These guys are relentless.

Thanks for all the info here, I am not going to touch them.

As background, I did a WHOIS check on both Stratford and Oakmont to see when the domains were registered. Stratfrodfx was registered to Jim Jones in Greece ([email protected]) on 18/10/04. While Oakmont was registered by Mr Cohen in San Joes on 15/10/04. The dates are too close for comfort for me. Mind you, the websites are all hosted on different servers so if it is not legitimate, its a well covered set of tracks.

I have also just found this, after a few calls from Stratfordfx. Luca Conti & Matthew Gurdyal. I rather think I'll pass...

Startford FX - Just dont go there

These guys are just a pain in the butt, they just do not understand no. Today's call was a classic and just made me so glad I decided not to go near them. I actualy answered one of their annoying calls today, when I said look I am just not interested in dealing with your company, the response I got was "what you don't want to make money, well I will send you some vigara then". Hmm my what a very professional trade this guy must be.

Hopefuly my response will have finaly got the message accross that they are wasting their time calling.

Hi,

I just joined this forum as I had my first cold call from Stratford FX last night and wanted to check them out, hence tripped over this forum. The caller was Diana Shaw and she is trying to line up a Senior Advisor, Paul Webb, to call men next week.

While I'm sure there is money to be made in this market, my inclination is to never do business with any company that cold calls and heavy sells over the phone. The risk of being scammed is too high. I will listen to what they have to say and if interested in this type of investing, look around and select a firm independently.

So it's a big NO to StratfordFX.

Jim

Stratford

Hi!

I sent a fax to Startford with some questions. You see; I had never heard of this company and I thought it looked ok but the returns I was told I would get seemed too high,,,

Anyways I sent them a fax and got reply from David L Cole.

I asked if his company was registered in Spain and and a license. He said it was a "fully fledged financial istitution, registered in Spain". So he is lying, is that what you guys say??
:?: :|

Everyone who has spoken about this has done what you did - asked but recieved no tangible answers. I say stay clear...

MisterTee said:
Everyone who has spoken about this has done what you did - asked but recieved no tangible answers. I say stay clear...

They cold-called me this morning and faxed 6 pages of information. They give an address:

C/ Aribau no. 221 bajos#225
Barcelona 08021
Tel: 34.93.492.96.11

I've just faxed them to tell them NOT to contact me anymore and cc to the FSA.

Thank God there's places like this that can be used to check out potential scams

My advice is don't use this "company" - sadly I have and although I made a modest test investment I have had very poor service, a lot of sales pitch, 30% dealing costs and made an almost complete loss of the original investment - ouch. Anyone could have predicted that the Euro would take a pounding but Stratfordfx were sure that it would bounce back withing a couple of weeks since the French Poll, which it hasn't yet. These guys will take your money and I wouldn't be suprised if they closed soon either having taken their rich commissions with them to a new company name.

SO STAY AWAY PLEASE !

I received a call from Stratfordfx today sounded good but I decided to check them out first, I'm glad I did after the reports here.
Thanks to T2W and responders.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Looking at the number of posts on here I am glad I posted this thread! The reason I did was for a friend of mine... (I don't trade forex at all). He had sent some money but luckily was able to stop the money from leaving his account... which he confirmed on several occasions, Stratford continued to phone him and phone him saying they had received the money and what did he want to do.. they said they needed his account details to return the money!
These guys don't give up easily, so watch out.

A good friend of mine was just on the verge of sending these guys some money - fortunately he has been put right about his prospects :eek:

rembrant

Racer said:
Looking at the number of posts on here I am glad I posted this thread! The reason I did was for a friend of mine... (I don't trade forex at all). He had sent some money but luckily was able to stop the money from leaving his account... which he confirmed on several occasions, Stratford continued to phone him and phone him saying they had received the money and what did he want to do.. they said they needed his account details to return the money!
These guys don't give up easily, so watch out.

Had a call from someone called Edwin Forest at Stratford Advisory on Thursday who went to great lengths to explain how I could make a lot of money on currency options etc.Particularly with the Euro against the Dollar.After about 30 minutes on the phone he said that he would get his boss Mr David Cole to phone me on Tuesday to have a very quick chat as was a very busy man. He actually rang me last night and is supposed to be phoning me tonight to show me how he can turn 5000 into 50000 in a short space of time.
I had a very lucky escape 2 years ago on an art scam so that experiance has taught me to check things out thoughly.
Went on to Yahoo yesterday and typed in stratfordfx which led me to this sight and i am glad that it did.
Thanks Guys for all the postings.

Give them a wide berth!

value investor said:
A good friend of mine was just on the verge of sending these guys some money - fortunately he has been put right about his prospects :eek:

It was me that Value Investor advised to "Not touch them with a barge pole" and I didn't - a good friend, indeed - thanks, VI :)

Incidentally, they're still chasing me to fax through the forms they had faxed to me, in order to reveal my bank and personal details to enable them to set up an account for me.

Each time they ring (and it's many) "Louis" tells me they are still waiting for the faxed documents, and in the meantime I'm losing thousands of euros - he'd say: "Procrastination is no way to make money, you know that!".

And each time I'll tell him that I have mislaid the faxed documents he had sent, can he send some more?" I've had three lots so far, enough to start a stationary shop - it ain't much good for the bog, being shiny and all that.

I want to see how many faxes I can achieve before they run out of patience and paper.

I would certainly give them 10 out of 10 for stamina.....and talking the hinds legs off a donkey :cheesy:

Come you Barcelona guys, let's have some more faxes and phone calls, I shall miss yer when you've gone :LOL:

John v

Last edited:
These guys have been trying their damnest to contact me all day...I know it's them, I can tell by the "No ID" that appears on my 'phone.

Incidentally, the guy that keeps ringing me is not "Louise", it's Diego - just remembered.

Had a phone call from a fast talker who said he was with a company called Charleston Group.
He reckons he has got some interesting rings developing and he will get back to me.
Anybody heard of these guy's.

Another one?

Charleston Group ? - is wouldn't be an "offshoot" of Stratford fx would it?. Or any other of the scores of similar outfits. There appears to be many such outfits based in Barcelona and Florida. Remember - If it seems too good to be true......