Spread Betting with OCO and trailing stoploss.

RichieE

Hi all,

I'm looking for a spreadbetting company who will let me execute OCO spread bet orders with trailing stoplosses. (I have a day job and can't spend my day monitoring positions!)

My goal is to replicate a long options strangle with a racheted profit.

Any ideas?

P.S. Hi all who remember me from last year... I'm still working in The City, however in these markets I'm staying where I am right now!

same place richie?
Arabian,

I was willing to put money that you'd be the first to respond. :cheesy: Followed by Fib if he's still here! Great to hear from you.

Yep, the same place. However I'm immersed in options not futures. Hence the strategies need translating to replicate in the Spread Betting space. I've been thinking about spreads on options but I suspect that the spreads on these might be a little high.

How have you been? I notice that your profile has changed somewhat in the last year... "Advisor"... "Gold Stars"? :smart:

spread betting with trailing stops and OCO

I'm looking for a spreadbetting company who will let me execute OCO spread bet orders with trailing stoplosses. (I have a day job and can't spend my day monitoring positions!)

I opened a trial account with GFT yesterday - trailing stops and OCOs. Their product sheet I think says they limit trailing stops to a minimum of 30-50 pips depending on instrument but in practice there doesn't seem to be a minimum (not in the trial account anyway).

Col

Hi all,

My goal is to replicate a long options strangle with a racheted profit.

Any ideas?

P.S. Hi all who remember me from last year... I'm still working in The City, however in these markets I'm staying where I am right now!

at Futuresbetting you can place OCO's and trailing stops, i love using the trailing stops.

manual input though.

I opened a trial account with GFT yesterday - trailing stops and OCOs. Their product sheet I think says they limit trailing stops to a minimum of 30-50 pips depending on instrument but in practice there doesn't seem to be a minimum (not in the trial account anyway).

Col
I've been recommended IG Index who appear to do OCO and trailing stoplosses too.

Let me know how you get on with GFT.

Thanks for the recommendation. But what exactly do you mean by 'manual input'?

well with systems like Ninja trader you can place these orders i am sure, as a stratergy.
But with Fbc you place the OCO, then when you get a fill, then you will place your trailing stop.

Col

Don't remember seeing a minimum quoted, but I think you can set them 1pt away if you really want to!

well with systems like Ninja trader you can place these orders i am sure, as a stratergy.
But with Fbc you place the OCO, then when you get a fill, then you will place your trailing stop.

Hi Pit pony,

Thanks for the info. I had confirmation from Futures Betting of exactly the same as you stated. (i.e. wait for fill, then put trailing stoploss). I want to be able to put on a strategy and then forget about it until the end of the day. The whole point is that the OCO with stoploss is so I don't have to babysit the position... especially if you're at work!

I looked at Ninja trader, however it looks like a trading platform rather than a provider. The reason why I'm looking at spread betting is that I want to avoid UK income tax on any earnings (i.e. 40%)

I opened a trial account with GFT yesterday - trailing stops and OCOs.

Phil, are you sure you can put the trailing stop loss at the same time as the OCO? Or do you have to wait for the OCO to be executed and then add the trailing stop loss?

Any joy?

Hi Richie

Did you get any joy finding a SB firm that does this? I have been searching for one that allows you to attach a trailing stop to an Order to Open but so far the only ones I have found allow trailining stops only once the order has been filled.

I would love to hear if you have found any good ones.

Cheers

M