Spread betting ! help

WeiJie

Hi

Im new here from the uk i study accounting and got in to the stock markets, a few days ago I found out about spread betting made a demo account on ETX Capital and find it interesting but have no clue on how to monitor markets and all the stuff like that.

I would like to study further in spread betting, just wondering where to start ? are there any good explanations on where to start out how to do research ? how to know which way the markets will go ? I need a lot of help basically lol ......

Basically how to I start to get in to it properly ?

I have seen on IG Index that they offer some free seminars if you sign up are they any good ?

Thanks

WeiJie

Last edited:
Hi

Im new here from the uk i study accounting and got in to the stock markets, a few days ago I found out about spread betting made a demo account on ETX Capital and find it interesting but have no clue on how to monitor markets and all the stuff like that.

I would like to study further in spread betting, just wondering where to start ? are there any good explanations on where to start out how to do research ? how to know which way the markets will go ? I need a lot of help basically lol ......

Basically how to I start to get in to it properly ?

I have seen on IG Index that they offer some free seminars if you sign up are they any good ?

Thanks

WeiJie

Hi
Like you I am relatively new to this.
I use Tradefair for spreadbetting, its easy to use and the spreads are reasonable, try the demo account first before you risk any of your own money.

great thanks

but im looking at where to start not where i can open an account cos i already have a demo account !

I know the basics of spread betting and i mean very basics like the spreads going long and short stop loss etc that is all that i know

Now i want to learn how to know when the market say the FTSE 100 will move up or down, I know that there are 2 types of analysis fundamental and technical, which one os more accurate and where can I learn about these ? are these analysis all I need to be successful in spread betting or will I need other things too ?

WeiJie

great thanks

but im looking at where to start not where i can open an account cos i already have a demo account !

I know the basics of spread betting and i mean very basics like the spreads going long and short stop loss etc that is all that i know

Now i want to learn how to know when the market say the FTSE 100 will move up or down, I know that there are 2 types of analysis fundamental and technical, which one os more accurate and where can I learn about these ? are these analysis all I need to be successful in spread betting or will I need other things too ?

WeiJie

Depends on your time frame, if you intend to hold a position open for less than a day then I dont think fundamental analysis will be of major benefit to you.
There are many threads available with different suggested systems. Have a look at some of the posts by "Bnaimy"
You should not rely too much on TA at the start. TA only provides indicators and most of them are lagging indicators based on previous performance. There is no substitute for watching the charts for hours on end and seeing how they play out. Watch out for trends on the charts over the time frame you intend to trade also areas of resistance and support where prices stall.
I suggest you do not spend too much money on either seminars or systems yet as a lot of them are just BS

Depends on your time frame, if you intend to hold a position open for less than a day then I dont think fundamental analysis will be of major benefit to you.
There are many threads available with different suggested systems. Have a look at some of the posts by "Bnaimy"
You should not rely too much on TA at the start. TA only provides indicators and most of them are lagging indicators based on previous performance. There is no substitute for watching the charts for hours on end and seeing how they play out. Watch out for trends on the charts over the time frame you intend to trade also areas of resistance and support where prices stall.
I suggest you do not spend too much money on either seminars or systems yet as a lot of them are just BS

These are the things is need to learn is there a good book for a beginner like me ? I got the free book from ETX Capital but its all the basic there nothing about strategies is there a book for that, that anyone would recommenced ?

There are some strategies scattered throughout this forum and on Forexfactory.com. In the end, you need to work out one for yourself.