Spike in USD Index around 12:00 Friday 20th?

montmorencyt2w

Spike in USD Index around 12:00 Friday 20th?

Both Interactive Investor and Tradefair charts show a massive spike in the USD Index for around 12:00 on the 1H chart for today, Friday 20th November 2009.

Doesn't seem to be reflected in the major pairs, except perhaps in the AUD/USD, although not to the same extent.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

fat finger or bad data not sure - ICE has cancelled USD index futures trades above USD 76.50

it is correct in the sense it happened on the exchange but the trades have been busted

It's anoteh one that smells a bit frankly, a bit like the ZAR/JPY on TFX a few weeks ago. For sure there was a print, but this is happening too often now - that's like the 3rd or 4th time something like this has happened on exchange lately. Frankly I have my suspicions.......

It's anoteh one that smells a bit frankly, a bit like the ZAR/JPY on TFX a few weeks ago. For sure there was a print, but this is happening too often now - that's like the 3rd or 4th time something like this has happened on exchange lately. Frankly I have my suspicions.......

Wait! The exchanges are suspect? How's that for irony? :LOL:

it's, erm, ironic John, that's for sure.

or even MOronic depending on whether you had your TFX account ruined by margin calls on a ridiculous move in a barely traded currency pair on a Sunday night / Monday morning in Asia

I cannot help but giggle at how hyped up the media is about the dollar index, which is not far off from just looking at EUR/USD. Of course these are the same folks who describe forex as risky and volatile, so I really shouldn't be expecting much better.

I see it as an opportunity.I'm gonna get me some DXI limits (this was second time in a week or a fortnight wasn't it?) and just sit at the ICE guaranteed not to be busted limits. Free money surely?