some help about automated trading

ivan_milew

Hello to everybody,
I am in a deep fog about automated trading and I need some help from the experienced traders so that I'm sure I'm not looking for something that isn't there.
Is it possible to make the platform put stop loss orders at an exact time, at prices both higher and lower(lets say with 10p) than the current? For example, if now is 15:00, can I make it in that way that exactly at 16:00:00 the software looks at the price(lets say the price for EUR/GBP is 0.7870 at 16:00:00), automatically calculates 0.7870+-10, and respectively puts a stop order at 0.7880 and another one at 0.7860, simultaneously?
If it is possible, should you be a programming expert to do it, or is there some ready software I can use?

Thanks a lot

It is possible (and relatively easy for a beginner) with just about any automated trading platform out there. Ask your broker which platforms they support and which of those are easiest to use.

jj

And is it possible to connect the system to some kind of news service like TradeTheNews and when an economic release, lets say Nonfarm Payrolls, or German GDP, is above or below a given level, it automatically opens a position?