simple spreadsheet issue

Thirteen

my thorn in my side today is.....

how do i convert a row of data into a colums of data? im sure its v simple but it is not in the help section of the spreadsheet - well done billy g.

no smart @rse replies (like turning my monitor on its side) - cos thats my job ;)

cheerz

highlight the list of data.

right click. select copy.

then choose a new sheet or wherever you want to paste it.

then right click again, and select paste special. then check the transpose box, and hit ok.

hey presto, ingested testicles :)

FC

thnx 4 the reply but i dont get transpose box. all i get is 3 choices - add or subtract to cell value and insert value in the cell.

btw - im using works not xl - i believe works is cut down version of xl - too cut down 4 my liking :(

any more.....

ok. if you will use stone-age software...

erm instead of right-clicking. try going to the edit menu. select copy from there, and then also select paste-special from there too. (this is a guess. normal Excel is laid out like this, im assuming Works is too)

hope that helps....

hmm, try this from the ever-helpful (!) help function..

TRANSPOSE
Show All
Hide All
Returns a vertical range of cells as a horizontal range, or vice versa. TRANSPOSE must be entered as an array formula (array formula: A formula that performs multiple calculations on one or more sets of values, and then returns either a single result or multiple results. Array formulas are enclosed between braces { } and are entered by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.) in a range that has the same number of rows and columns, respectively, as an array (array: Used to build single formulas that produce multiple results or that operate on a group of arguments that are arranged in rows and columns. An array range shares a common formula; an array constant is a group of constants used as an argument.) has columns and rows. Use TRANSPOSE to shift the vertical and horizontal orientation of an array on a worksheet.

Syntax

TRANSPOSE(array)

Array is an array or range of cells on a worksheet that you want to transpose. The transpose of an array is created by using the first row of the array as the first column of the new array, the second row of the array as the second column of the new array, and so on.

Example 1

The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.

How?

Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
Select the example in the Help topic. Do not select the row or column headers.

Selecting an example from Help

Press CTRL+C.
In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Tools menu, point to Formula Auditing, and then click Formula Auditing Mode.

A B C
Data Data Data
1 2 3
Formula Description (Result)
=TRANSPOSE($A$2:$C$2) Value from first column (1)
Value from second column (2)
Value from third column (3)

Note The formula in the example must be entered as an array formula. After copying the example to a blank worksheet, select the range A5:A7 starting with the formula cell. Press F2, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. If the formula is not entered as an array formula, the single result is 1.

Example 2

Some functions, such as LINEST, return horizontal arrays. LINEST returns a horizontal array of the slope and Y-intercept for a line. The following formula returns a vertical array of the slope and Y-intercept from LINEST.

The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.

well fc & others who may give a hoot, i found a solution.

i searched on works help for the word transpose - but nothing comes up so obviously works is a bucket of ****

so the solution is as follows-
select & copy the row of data you wish to turn into a column. open outlook, and create a new email. paste the selected row into the email. then select & copy the row from the email and pate it into the works spreadsheet and hey presto -

IT COMES OUT A FUKIN COLUMN!!!

wot a odd work around.

call me mr bloody fix it why not