Separating Fear from Uncertainty

I personally believe fear comes from the lack of confidence and lack of confidence comes from not knowing the how to. Just become good at the how to, you will give a boost to your confidence and your fear will disappear.
“You can practice shooting eight hours a day but if your technique is
wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way.
Get the fundamentals down & the level of everything you do will raise”
Michael Jordan.

Last edited:
I found your post enlightening. I always used to fear uncertainty, but was equally fearful; that I might be uncertain of my fears. How could I know if I was fearing the wrong things or if I wasn’t aware of things that I didn’t fear, yet should. So in a way, fearing the uncertainty of fear itself.

So one day, I put this to my shrink of almost 10 years said something to me that brought tears to my eyes . He said “Yo no hablo Inglés”.

I used to fear uncertainty........but now I'm not so sure.... ;)

N

The question is: how can one achieve the stage of not having fear of uncertainty. Solution of this problem makes successful traders, enterpreneurs etc.

The question is: how can one achieve the stage of not having fear of uncertainty. Solution of this problem makes successful traders, enterpreneurs etc.

A strong virtually unshakable belief in an uncertain outcome creates an edge in your favor. The best traders have evolved to the point where they believe, without a shred of doubt or internal conflict, that “anything can happen.” They don’t just suspect that anything can happen or give lip service to the idea. Their belief in uncertainty is so powerful that it actually prevents their minds from associating the “now moment” situation and circumstance with the outcomes of their most recent trades.

you are born with it ..........I've worked with a few serious entrepreneurs in the past and (unlike you and me )they dont really give a monkeys about money

me - I get far to hung up on risk and the threat of losing to much on certain ventures and activities........and that fear would manifest itself in trying to execute the business strategy - so its self fullfilling as a prophesy

oversimplified explanation but true ;)

N

some may have a 'knack for it' but others can develop it.

Trading is a probability game but the probabilties represent a chance not a gurantee of being right (seems obvious). As soon as you realise you can be wrong on any single trade but profitable over 20 trades, the fear will go as no single trade will have any bearing on your long term goals.

So you ultimately make peace with any trade as individual results mean nothing. When you expect nothing you have nothing to fear!!!.

When i trade i just Set and Forget. Keeping your eyes glued to the screen does not help either.

Just my two cents :)

When I trade I just go Zen... my mind if blank (to things outside Forex). It works.

In this wa Dalai Lama can be best trader ever.

But why is human better trader than robot (given good trader and good EA)? I bet because our emotions can save us. So may be fear can be helpful thing in trading.