Search for Direct Access Forex Broker

Thank you for all your comments. It's been a great help to me and after years of spreadbetting I have finally made the switch. Long overdue, I might add.

Just a recap.. My intention was to find an advanced but user friendly execution platform and an easy to operate interface where I can run entry and exit strategies on a price ladder on each and every trade I make with one click. It would have to support my simple trading methodology for entering a trade with 2 contracts with a stop loss and a profit target then automatically scalling down of one contract and moving my stop to break-even once my target price had been reached. The remaining contract would then be left to run with a 10 pip trailing stop loss. Essentially, cut losses and make the winners run... This is pretty basic stuff I know but try doing that on a Spreadbet set up!

The platform I use would have to be supported by a Direct Access broker with whom I would be able to trade FX. My trades are predominantly fundamentally based on Cable with one or two technical trades per day.

Well the search is over. I chose IB for Currency Futures (Globex) & Ninja Trader (NT). IMO It seems like a logical choice. Time will tell but on the face of it I think I have made the right decision.

I have be running this set up this week and all I can say is that after years of spreadbetting there is no way I am going back to the 'bucket shops'. I honestly do not know why I had'nt made the switch earlier and by automating my system through NT which is incredibly slick, it's helped me to remove that 'emotion' and walk away from it leaving NT to handle my trade.

Some people my differ but ECN/ Direct Access is the only way to go IMO.