Scott Schubert's Forex trading course.

Good news

Hi Guys,

I recently lost all my money trading FX as i got a margin call EUR went down so quickly. I also lost money in oil and EUR/USD in spreadbetting infact i m heading towards being bankrupt...all my money gone which i made up by trading on ebay for 3yrs(honest hardwork:() I was a total ass.... in the 1st place trading without proper knowledge...i was making seriously good money on fx and spreadbetting for past few months and never bothered or thought market could go against me so badly that i would be nearly broke. For all the newbies like me be really careful this stuff can burn you without proper knowledge also always use stop loss which i never bothered to do....anyway can anyone suggest me a good place to learn in's and out's of FX like a one to one tution..i really need to fight back and get my money back but this time with proper knowledge thanks a lot
ramon

Go on youtube and check out Stephen Story, you will not be dissapointed.

Hello, i took the course some weeks ago and it has completley changed the way of my trading.
I am relativley new to trading (1 year) and my account have been going down month after month. In the last 2 weeks i had 50% return on my live account. (Something like 1000 pips)
Maybe is's luck, i dont know.. .time will show.
The most valuable secret i learned in this course: dont trade in the short time frames. Trade with the longer time frames (4H, Daily)

yes, i can warmly recommend this course
I know that there is a waiting list to join and it's been months, do you know where I can buy the video course at least to get started...thanks...(y)

My friend gave me the Shubert dvds as our business was going though a hard time and he thought it may help us make some extra $$$.
My husband and I have watched the whole course and read numerous books that he recommends and I must say it has changed our outlook on life, not just the course but the extra learning we have been doing too. It has lead us into other types of technical analysis and more learning.
After demo trading for a few weeks on two separate accounts each ( a total of 4) we both managed to more than double our starting amount in less than two weeks. Everything we have tested on the Shubert method has worked fine. We are now in our second week of live trading and after taking a couple of bad trades (-$50) and trading with lots of emotion, we seem to have got the hang of things and are almost $1000+ on the trades we are in. We took these trades over the last 3 days (not the easiest days to trade on) using his methods.
We haven't started with much really, just $8000, which is actually every last penny we have - that's how much we believe in this method.
It doesn't have to be too complicated. But you do have to commit to learning and reading lots about it.
:-0Hey, can I buy the dvd's if your done with them??:?:

I stumbled upon Scott Shubert video on youtube. I was impressed by what he was saying. How simple it was and how overcomplicated other people were making it and creating software and 'signal alerts' simply to make money and how he just wanted to share what he knew.
So, i go to his website and lo and behold it costs $475 (or something), and here we go all over again! Doing exactly what he was criticizing others for doing by packaging his system and charging for it. At least many of the others offer a 30 sometimes 60 day money back guarantee which he doesn't even bother with. Of course that is because he is so confident of his system he doesn't mind if people don't purchase AND because what he is offering is worth Thousands of $$$$ so $475 is nothing. Again that is the marketing strategy of ALL people selling their 'system' And everyone has testimonials along the lines of "i've tried all the other systems and this is the one that finally works"
So, alas it is hard to separate the good from the bad.
I'm still curious to know what the Shubert method is but unwilling right now to simply throw $500 at it just to find out.
I've lost quite some money already following signal alerts and determined to learn how to do it myself rather than pay someone else to trade free with my money, but not sure which way to turn for a sure-win system i can learn and apply mechanically and reliably. Does this exist?
If someone has the Shubert videos they can share by torrent or otherwise i'd be grateful. And for ALL and ANY other tips and pointers in the right direction

Thank You

I stumbled upon Scott Shubert video on youtube. I was impressed by what he was saying. How simple it was and how overcomplicated other people were making it and creating software and 'signal alerts' simply to make money and how he just wanted to share what he knew.
So, i go to his website and lo and behold it costs $475 (or something), and here we go all over again! Doing exactly what he was criticizing others for doing by packaging his system and charging for it. At least many of the others offer a 30 sometimes 60 day money back guarantee which he doesn't even bother with. Of course that is because he is so confident of his system he doesn't mind if people don't purchase AND because what he is offering is worth Thousands of $$$$ so $475 is nothing. Again that is the marketing strategy of ALL people selling their 'system' And everyone has testimonials along the lines of "i've tried all the other systems and this is the one that finally works"
I'm still curious to know what the Shubert method is but unwilling right now to simply throw $500 at it just to find out.
I've lost quite some money already following signal alerts and determined to learn how to do it myself rather than pay someone else to trade free with my money, but not sure which way to turn for a sure-win system i can learn and apply mechanically and reliably. Does this exist?
If someone has the Shubert videos they can share by torrent or otherwise i'd be grateful. And for ALL and ANY other tips and pointers in the right direction

Thank You

Thank You

save your money .... it teaches nothing you can read about for free on the web. It also falls short in many ways and his method only works in a trending markets.... but then again, any method does that !!

save your money .... it teaches nothing you can read about for free on the web. It also falls short in many ways and his method only works in a trending markets.... but then again, any method does that !!

After going through the Schubert method, I really am confused a bit. The main theme of this strategy is, trade in the direction of the main trend. However, he doesn't mention anything on risk management, position sizing...in a nutsell it is just a mixture of MA crossovers, Bollinger etc...entry/exit strategy for riding the trend.

But I must admit that his approach is different and it makes you think big.....and trade on the bigger timeframe. Obviously, if you have micro account then you may struggle due to big drawdowns....I hope it helps...:innocent:

Thank you both for sharing your views and experiences.

Willowgal, i don't know if your advice is in general regarding all systems or being yourself actually acquainted with this particular method?

transvia: you say that it is 'just' a mixture of differnt indicators. One might say that any method/recipe is going to use an already available mix of indicators/ingredients.

You say you've gone through it. Is it working out? They have forums for members i wonder whether the missing elements such as money management and position sizing is coverd elsewhere?

thanks

livingdaylight: You are right about the use of indicator and the methods one imply to be successful. With this method of his, it will be difficult to do intra-day trade. It is more like swing trading.

This style of trading didn't work out for me because I do not have big account to sustain the drawdowns and patience to go without trading for days/week for the right setup..

Hope it helps...

Thank you both for sharing your views and experiences.

Willowgal, i don't know if your advice is in general regarding all systems or being yourself actually acquainted with this particular method?

transvia: you say that it is 'just' a mixture of differnt indicators. One might say that any method/recipe is going to use an already available mix of indicators/ingredients.

You say you've gone through it. Is it working out? They have forums for members i wonder whether the missing elements such as money management and position sizing is coverd elsewhere?

thanks

Can someone please clarify if this is the Yin Yang course he is offering, I was looking into buying it but after reading some of the posts here I will have to think again. Can someone Please recommend a good method (structured course) I don't have time to sit and source for info through the forums as much as I would like to. I have been considering Steven Rising (Trading Institute) Peter Bains Forex Mentor and Nial Fuller (Learn to trade the markets) Can anyone who has more experience help point me in the right direction? I want to learn Price action, support and resistance ( which is best to use, fibs, trendlines.... etc) I would really love some good advice. Thanks in advance.

Can someone please clarify if this is the Yin Yang course he is offering, I was looking into buying it but after reading some of the posts here I will have to think again. Can someone Please recommend a good method (structured course) I don't have time to sit and source for info through the forums as much as I would like to. I have been considering Steven Rising (Trading Institute) Peter Bains Forex Mentor and Nial Fuller (Learn to trade the markets) Can anyone who has more experience help point me in the right direction? I want to learn Price action, support and resistance ( which is best to use, fibs, trendlines.... etc) I would really love some good advice. Thanks in advance.

Apologies in advance for stating this but what you're asking for is the shortcut...the grail...it doesn't exist. You have to put in time, screen time...hours and hours of it. Not just in front of charts, which is invalauble because (if you feel you have to trade that way) it's the only way you'll 'get' the "price action" you mention, but also scouring sites/forums/opinions...continually taking on board knoweldge that's right for you and discarding that which isn't.
It is a solo sport, the team element comes from the support you may derive off forums from folk you'll never meet, but ultimately it's all down to you.

I got excited when I got the information that Scott Shubert will be in Sydney to do a live seminar next month.He has been training people to become phenomenally successful Forex traders and fund managers. Quality forex education and training is what every trader needs to make consistent profit.

In case anybody is still reading this thread, the shubert course isn't all bad, especially if you are first starting out.. There are better methods out there though

I followed some of the details, little name drops he gave, that led me toward what I use today

Overall, you could skip it, but if you like courses it's not a total ripoff

In case anybody is still reading this thread, the shubert course isn't all bad, especially if you are first starting out.. There are better methods out there though

I followed some of the details, little name drops he gave, that led me toward what I use today

because
1) everything you need to know is either freely available on these and other forums. If you check out the FAQs, then read the books that are recommended in the Book section and elsewhere, you will have more knowledge than a seminar will ever give you.
2) there are professional traders wiling to share their methods, even their live trades, with you on these boards. That is priceless information and experience ! Check out RhodyTrader, trader_dante, Captain Currency , to name just a handful
3) if the prik who is running the seminar/training could actually TRADE, that's what he'd be DOING for a living, not ripping off naive, innocent newbies who believe he will provide them with the Holy Grail, a quick, sure-fire way to easy money.

I am not going to recommend or not recommend this persons content, but I will say what you are saying makes no sense. I absolutely hate when people pretend or assume to know what someone else can or can't do simply because they are teaching. I trade for a hedge fund and I train new traders for one of the larger online forex education services. My trading activities are well documented live by members and completely audited by PWC. Multiple income streams are just smart business because you will have down trading months.

Also using your logic, why are there "professional traders" willing to share their methods? Why would they not just trade and not share? Are you penalizing the ones smart enough to make money while doing it?

Bottom line, trading is boring, most time is spent waiting. Teaching helps me stay focused and sharp through out the day while earning a second income stream.

With that said folks, do your research because there are a lot of services out here that are complete garbage. I am not here to promote anyone, just state my opinion about the quoted comment.

Hi Natureboy

Thx for sharing. Interesting to read.

Thx & God bless!

Last edited: