SB spreads

spc

Hi,

I got into a short position last week when the spread was 2.70. Today the trade is going my way and suddenly the spread is 3.70.

Is this normal with all spread bet co's??? that they change the diff in spreads when ever they want?

This bet was opened with easy2spreadbet.com, ALTERIAN PLC - DEC. Do u guys know of any other SB co's that wouldn't do this?

kindly advice
TY
spc

Hi spc, there are a number of threads dealing with this situation in this (and other!) forums. You might want to check them out.

A quick response to your questions is:-

Yes. Yes. No.

TheBramble said:
Hi spc, there are a number of threads dealing with this situation in this (and other!) forums. You might want to check them out.

A quick response to your questions is:-

Yes. Yes. No.

tks bramble,
could u advice what I should search for in the threads??
yes. yes. no?? i'm confused!!

cheers
spc

SPC,

My experience (with Deal4free) is that spreads on individual companies change all the time according to volatility. Spreads on major indices are normally fixed or change very infrequently and always with prior notification.

I deal with IG index and have found that their spread always comprises the market spread (bid / offer) plus their fixed commission. If the market spread widens, so does theirs - yet surely this is out of their control?

I couldn't fault IG - other than I've recently found that their comission is significantly higher than capital spreads, who I've just strated dealing with.

UTB

the blades said:
I deal with IG index and have found that their spread always comprises the market spread (bid / offer) plus their fixed commission. If the market spread widens, so does theirs - yet surely this is out of their control?

I couldn't fault IG - other than I've recently found that their comission is significantly higher than capital spreads, who I've just strated dealing with.

UTB

I don't think the market spread widened, not sure though. Fortunately spread is back at 2.70 from 3.70. Maybe they have people checking this web site. lol

So ur saying Capital's the bast? everybody seems to be talking about them. Will check it out

cheers
spc

spc

Were you trading between 8 and 9.30 am?

Often, spreads are wider prior to about 9.30/10 ish, as they are on Level 2 quotes.

I don't think the SB company was being vindictive.

Good luck on your trades.