SB Firm with the best range of penny shares

silverpuma

Hi all,

I sometimes set a few limit orders on UK shares with a share price of less than 0.10p like Yell and Bank of Ireland for example, shares that could go bust or languish at these prices for a long time so I set a buy limit very low with NO stop loss (this is the only time I ever do this though).

A Live example of this is I have a live £60 per point buy on AssetCO at 1.0p yes 1 pence with no stop loss so if it goes bust I lose £60 not the end of the world but if it takes off, well it could be nice. I can just leave this alone and see what happens. All of this allows me to use a small percentage fraction of my trading capital so I can employ tight money management rules and enjoy the risk/reward.

I use IG Index as they have a good range of lower priced shares but quite often you can't trade these off the charts (I use dealthru) because I presume of the low liquidity you need to phone the order desk.

To my question....at last.... who apart from IG has the biggest range of low price UK shares to choose from?

Worldspreads has a good lot of dodgy shares and you can short anything.
They have Sino Forest for example (German listing).

What company is AssetCo ?

Hi all,

I sometimes set a few limit orders on UK shares with a share price of less than 0.10p like Yell and Bank of Ireland for example, shares that could go bust or languish at these prices for a long time so I set a buy limit very low with NO stop loss (this is the only time I ever do this though).

A Live example of this is I have a live £60 per point buy on AssetCO at 1.0p yes 1 pence with no stop loss so if it goes bust I lose £60 not the end of the world but if it takes off, well it could be nice. I can just leave this alone and see what happens. All of this allows me to use a small percentage fraction of my trading capital so I can employ tight money management rules and enjoy the risk/reward.

I use IG Index as they have a good range of lower priced shares but quite often you can't trade these off the charts (I use dealthru) because I presume of the low liquidity you need to phone the order desk.

To my question....at last.... who apart from IG has the biggest range of low price UK shares to choose from?

Worldspreads has a good lot of dodgy shares and you can short anything.
They have Sino Forest for example (German listing).

What company is AssetCo ?

AssetCO

At these prices most will be companies that either are very young or more likely have run into some serious trouble so its not a strategy to use on your pension fund:) There usually is a good reason why a company has lost 100% + off its share price and its not good news!! So I expect to lose a good few to the bankruptcy road but get a few flyer's to make up the difference. I like it because I can leave them alone and see what happens.

I day trader Futures full-time with a US broker so this is a enjoyable bit of fun with a reasonable risk/reward. If I get a good move I will pyramid on to my position and then use a stop loss. Nothing fancy just basic simple stuff.

cityindex

Spreadex
Thanks Tar I'll check them both out....I posted another question earlier today about finding a website with all the rollover charges per day i.e. Libor + ??% / 365 days do have any info? Thanks again

Thanks Tar I'll check them both out....I posted another question earlier today about finding a website with all the rollover charges per day i.e. Libor + ??% / 365 days do have any info? Thanks again

thats a simple comparison table :

http://www.spreadco.com/compare/index.htm

re UK shares rollover fees they seem all near 2 or 2.5% above libor , maybe there is better rates i dont know ...

I doubt you'll find anyone better than IG, they have a pretty hefty range.

Avoid WS, it's just not worth it. Imagine a gang of monkeys let loose in a cellar and then given a spread bet operation to run.

Avoid WS, it's just not worth it. Imagine a gang of monkeys let loose in a cellar and then given a spread bet operation to run.

Totally agree, as IG offer by far better range of markets than anybody else

They'd probably get lucky and hit bank the first time around. :sneaky: