Robert Preston - Love him or hate him ?

Robert Preston top bloke or total !"£$?

• top bloke

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • total !"£$

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
Had a conversation with a family member on Christmas Eve about this.

These type of journos are good at explaining what has happened in easy to understand and sanitised language.

The problem is that they don't/won't/can't (delete as appropriate!) explain what is likely to happen based on relevant facts today, nor do they have any experience of managing their own or OP money successfully and they are often biased to a particular viewpoint.

They are journos... not astrologers :cheesy:

The Pest is simply a conduit for government and individual leaks.
Like the rest of the talking heads, he merely "explains" why something has happened; usually these are the perceptions Brown wants for PR purposes. Frequently such "explanations" are irrelevant to the facts, but sound convincing to the masses.
For example, he might say the pound has fallen against the dollar because, hint, hint under government pressure, the BoE has reduced interest rates to "help hard working families".
In reality the pound has fallen because the markets have no confidence in the confidence trickster who is our unelected megalomaniac Prime Minister or his policies and believe the UK economy will continue to deteriorate.
Richard

The Pest is simply a conduit for government and individual leaks. . . . In reality the pound has fallen because the markets have no confidence in the confidence trickster who is our unelected megalomaniac Prime Minister or his policies and believe the UK economy will continue to deteriorate.
Richard
Hi Richard,
I take it that you're not overly enamoured with either Mr. Peston or Mr. Brown?
:cheesy:
On a more serious note, while I take your point Richard, it doesn't sit very well with the point I made earlier on in the thread (post #7, page 1). Perhaps my assessment of the situation is quite wrong, but I wouldn't have thought that RP could get away with being a mouthpiece for Gordon one minute and causing him untold grief the next?
Tim.

I love him so much I'd blow him. But I don't really like the way he words things. For example:

"we as taxpayers came to the rescue"

I don't really regard myself as having come to anyone's rescue. The government made a decision to do something using the taxes I pay, but I don't think it really amounts to me doing anything.

Hi Richard,
I take it that you're not overly enamoured with either Mr. Peston or Mr. Brown?
:cheesy:
On a more serious note, while I take your point Richard, it doesn't sit very well with the point I made earlier on in the thread (post #7, page 1). Perhaps my assessment of the situation is quite wrong, but I wouldn't have thought that RP could get away with being a mouthpiece for Gordon one minute and causing him untold grief the next?
Tim.

Well, Tim, Mandelson did the same with Brown but the other way round :cheesy:

Anyway, since when in politics have facts ever affected opinions? :cheesy:

Richard

Who the hell gives a * whether he is a top bloke or a total *?

Either way it doesn't * matter.

Last edited by a moderator: