Recommended Broker for IRA and Futures?

Allistah

Hello all --

I was hoping someone could recommend me a broker for my IRA account. I'm currently with ThinkOrSwim and trade futures. What I like about ThinkOrSwim is that they don't charge me fees to house my IRA and the software is free. The one thing that I really want is the ability to automate my trading. I follow specific rules that I've programmed in ThinkOrSwim but it just marks the entries and exits on the chart and does no trading for you. The Prodigio solution they have is very far off from being usable at this point.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me to automate my trading? I can code so developing in any language is not an issue.

Thank you for any help anyone may have for me.

-Alli

I forgot to mention that I'm leaning towards Interactive Brokers. NinjaTrader would allow me to automate the trading with IB but it's pretty expensive. Are there any solutions that would allow me to automate my trading with IB without buying NinjaTrader?

Why don't you trade directly with a broker that has Ninja? Wouldn't sending an order from one machine to another create latency? Now you have to support 2 machines and their interaction.
IB also has ^&*# data just like your TOS.

Well, do you have any recommendations? I've looked at a few and the fees they charge just to have the IRA there is crazy.. I'd be curious to what you'd recommend though...

I agree. But, many commodity futures brokers don't have their own custodian, so they have to use an external one and they don't make money on it. This is my recommendation: www.tradersplatform.com This might be what you are looking for. This is a division of Optimus.

Last edited: