Recommendations for Trading System Sales Exec

trendie

Legendary member
NB: mods: Hope this is ok, and this doesnt constitute vending!! if so, let me know.

Otherwise, this is a genuine request to source out an exceptional graduate Sales Exec with knowledge of Trading Systems to work Europe-wide. Ideally, english and german-speaker as minimum.

Job title: New Business Sales Executive

Team: Trader Systems Business Unit

The Role:
To identify and win profitable new business-clients for source-clients Trader Systems Business Unit, within the European Energy and Commodities wholesale derivatives marketplace.

Main Responsibilities:
• Work to build and maintain a pipeline of sales prospects within the current target market of the Trader Systems Business Unit.
• Develop these sales opportunities with a mixture of cold-calling, research, networking and any other means at your disposal.
• Establish good relationships with prospects, and clients to secure recommendations, with a goal of establishing a quality contact network to meet long term sales objectives.
• Take full ownership of the sales process, and pipeline management.
• Fully engage the clients and prospects selling the company as a partner, not a list of features. Working with the client to understand if and how they can benefit from working with us.
• Recognise opportunities for other Business Units and pass them on accordingly.
• Work effectively internally to ensure that the future clients are not mis-sold, and able to be well supported once handed over to Client Management.
• Understand the client’s marketplace and the likely direction of their businesses.
Experience Required
• Demonstrable track record of complex solutions sales success preferably in software or financial services.
• Strong background in developing new business from scratch
• Strong entrepreneurial skills and genuine commercial acumen
• The ability to deal at ‘C’ level / senior managers / decision makers developing a contact network within each account
• Demonstrable interest in improving own sales skills (taking appropriate courses etc.)
• A high technical interest; needs to be motivated and enthused about technology.
• Basic computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office products

Experience Preferred:
• Basic industry understanding, preferably experience within front/middle/back office in a brokerage/commodities/financial trading environment
• Knowledge of Wholesale European Energy related commodities markets.
• Technical / IT systems background.
• Western European Languages, in particular German.

Personal Attributes:
• Thorough, understands the importance of having a process to follow
• Ability to form appropriate relationships quickly
• Excellent communication (listening) and client-facing skills
• Ability to think laterally – identifying the appropriate opportunities for Trading Gateway
• Quick learner
• Well spoken & articulate
• Good attention to detail
• Self-starter / high initiative
• Team Player with a flexible approach to work

EDIT: salary from 60K GBP upwards.
would like to know appropriate specific jobsites I could get this candidate from!

Last edited:
Yes, I am interested in this position. Have been position trading, investing equities, bonds for 10 years. This has been my living, and it has been a very comfortable one at that. Preveiously, i was at Oracle as sales exec selling many decision making software. Have traveled the world.