RAN squawk for home traders?

Respecting someone's property, intellectual or otherwise, is hardly an attribute normally associated with being a mug (Apples10, you may wish to look up irony in a dictionary), rather it is an attribute of being a functioninal member of civil society

Of course bank dealer/brokers/who ever may talk there own book, but we always verify items as fact before we put them out or if a rumour is massively market moving we will make traders aware and then find out if its validity. We can use our team, our time and resources to establish this while you guys trade.

...and for 0FXTrader0......Muenchener Rueckversicherungs is 3.873% of the dax

;-)

mugpunta said:
Respecting someone's property, intellectual or otherwise, is hardly an attribute normally associated with being a mug (Apples10, you may wish to look up irony in a dictionary), rather it is an attribute of being a functioninal member of civil society

you learn something new every day!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I heard from a pal at Schneider Trading, that RAN failed to Squawk the Non-Farm Payrolls number. Bloomberg doesnt look so expensive now, does it?

Spoke to more people at Schneiders (their home base) over the w/e, and they all confirmed RAN failed to box the numbers on Friday. Have decided to use Ceefax instead.

why do you care anyway? it seems you have some real personal issues with these guys.....we get their service here too and its obvious they are still testing things. Things have gone wrong in the first month but its free anyway so where's the problem? overall, i think they are still the best around. if you need a squawk to trade nfp then you really are a mug......

mugpunta said:
Spoke to more people at Schneiders (their home base) over the w/e, and they all confirmed RAN failed to box the numbers on Friday. Have decided to use Ceefax instead.

You need a squawk for NFP :eek: :eek: Jeez!! Well I guess its all relative :cheesy:

The whole point for this website is for people to be able to share opinions whether they be second hand or not. I find the childish remarks that have been made in the last couple of days rather amusing and only make me think that MP has rattled someones cage. It is obvious that someone is feeling the heat.

it seems like MP is the one who's had his cage rattled, doesnt work for a competing service or bloomberg sales does he? maybe feeling the heat himself.

Blomberg or Reuters feeling the heat? They are the largest financial information services in the world.
Think again.

OK fellas lets cut to the chase.

You boys (you know who I'm talking about) clearly know one another because you're on the same corporate IP, and I for one get a bit fed up with people a)pretending they don't know each other b)worse still actually being the same person or c)pretending to be someone you're not when all you're actually doing is wasting their time - and mine.

Btw, using your client.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com addresses makes my job of finding this sort of thing out painfully easy, so why not come clean now and save me merging or banning these accounts - at the moment there are six of you registered on that IP and so far only a couple of you have made 'notable' impressions.

Edit: To be clear, we dont mind you guys posting - but it looks a bit deceptive when you don't admit right off the bat that you know one another.

It is true we have had problems, ranging from the feed being distorted to even cutting out at times. However, the audio quality improved last week because we upgraded and doubled the amount of bandwidth that is available to use. After the move we realised that deterioriation in audio quality either comes from spikes in bandwidth use, both internally (at our office) and externally (at clients offices).

The feed sounds like the mysterons this week because we are running two networks both using the same bandwidth. This is because we are moving all exisintg clients over to a new server and upgrading VPN to WAVE 2.0.

The WAVE 2.0 system is the same that is used by US air force and coast guards, in terms of reputation it is an efficient widely used platform. We are aware that some clients are getting frustrated with some 'crackliness' , but we have spent time and money to get the dissemination system perfect.

We could now role out a solution that has a 4 second delay, but for traders this is not acceptable. We could use a gaming network to disseminate the service but we are not we are using a fully professional solution.

Thank you for you comments tsuntzu. This is a critical time for us and for any new business. At the moment we are doing everything we can do service existing and new clients.

Matthew Cheung (R.A.N Director)

I use RAN squawk and i find their information excellent. They are accurate, fast, relevant and sometimes very funny (like 2 weeks ago when they commented on a very attractive bush interviewer). However, the quality of the audio has got worse and worse and every time they "upgrade" it seems to have a negative effect. When they get this sorted out they'll be world class.

- PS from before, no one said bloomberg or reuters where feeling the heat but rather that mugpunter may work for one of these institutions and may himself be feeling the heat.

- PPS - Match (from RAN), why don't you broadcast your squawks using the same software as radio stations use for streaming audio. the better stations are clear and never break up.