Psychological resistance ??

metamp

I've been doig well for a last 10 months and I reached my goal for the year + 2% but now I'm in a kind of a resistance that I have hard time to break out of
I hit the high of my equity curve one day and next day I lose it
somehow I just can't synchronize my mind with the mkt lately
also my win loss ration is down for a last couple of weeks

I stopped trading for now and trying to regroup

any suggestions ?

Your goal for the year is 2%?!? :LOL: Please tell me you're having a laugh.

You're doing something very wrong - I can tell you that. Be it you're not risking enough, you're not cutting losers or you're not running profitable trades. Perhaps if you went into a bit more detail about what you're doing we can help. Otherwise get an Icesave account and get 6% PA as 2% is **** poor.

You're doing something very wrong - I can tell you that. Be it you're not risking enough, you're not cutting losers or you're not running profitable trades. Perhaps if you went into a bit more detail about what you're doing we can help. Otherwise get an Icesave account and get 6% PA as 2% is **** poor.

I get the impression that he meant that he has reached his goal, plus an additional 2%.

But I could be wrong!

I get the impression that he meant that he has reached his goal, plus an additional 2%.

But I could be wrong!

Maybe you're right - I read it that way but in retrospect it could be interpreted your way. Either way, more detail is required before advice can be given.

hmm perhaps he means year goal plus extra 2% on top ?

Anyhoo well, what could be the resistance ? hmmm well you have told yourself you have hit you targets ? so do you feel like you should stop work for the rest of the year ? Would you like to ? Perhaps get some nice speedo's and hit the beach !?

Your doing well?, take some time off... how do you feel about sitting on you butt for 6 months ? alright ? do you need to be busy ?

Also, ok maybe open new account and start next year next week ! your ass is in the grinder again for another 10 months at least then ?

Do you feel like you could bugger off for a few months and come back and carry on without loss (or fear of loss) of performance ... eg. you feel you might lose touch with the market?

At the very least i think you should take a good break have plenty of beer and get laid, recharge the old mind body and spirit .

I said "goal + 2%" not 2%

At the very least i think you should take a good break have plenty of beer and get laid, recharge the old mind body and spirit .

Thar's what I'm doing for a last couple of days
reading some stuff and writing down all the mistakes I made

I caught myself revenge trading lately especially after 3 weeks not having a losing trade and suddenly I lost on one trade and tried to make it back and you can imagine what happened

When you take a hit - Sing One !

Thar's what I'm doing for a last couple of days
reading some stuff and writing down all the mistakes I made

I caught myself revenge trading lately especially after 3 weeks not having a losing trade and suddenly I lost on one trade and tried to make it back and you can imagine what happened

yah, the self control required is relentless? It's like if we make one error, then ,the markets there just waiting to pull our trousers down and spank our little bottoms! it's like the perfect parent in a way. Always ready to accept us but not if we don't accept that unselfish love and acceptance. It tans our little bottom's , it is teaching us our lessons we need to learn for ourselves....?

Sing man sing. ! next time try singing! Well ok, what we need to condition ourselves to avoid, is turning into the Incredible hulk when taking a loss! You can imagine it all over the planet people turning into the Hulk YarrrrRGGhh RaaarrGGH,

From the workings of Henks Van der Hiilks Originator The Dutch Mind Controls

"SO What ifs when we are next beings ofs the takings ofs a hit on the trades we are havings-we sing one !? Yah all ofs those feelings ofs the negativities we find we weres ofs the havings are turnings into the beautifuls experiences, such a wonderfuls & powerfuls experiences filled withs lurv n joy, joy and love., Right There, Right then...... ? You will havings no angers,havings no compulsions ofs the revengefuls ofs oneselfs, yet onlys will you be havings the feelings ofs beings filled with the loves ofs the experiences ,waitings for your next trades yah !? it's so powerfuls & wonderfuls ,wonderfuls & powerfuls its beautifuls, the possibilities are limitless using the Powerfuls ofs the wonderfuls ofs The Dutch Mind Controls" HVDH. 2007

Maybe write a little song now, that you will sing, next time, sing about the entire day and include that trade, the setup techniques, the markets action ... ~

Chorus..
# and now I wait ,wait for a trade,forever ready in all my heart. (y)

This is your song of life....... (Next time you take a hit, come in here n play these 3 songs, have a sing a long and a boogie, then see how you feel !)

YouTube - Neil Diamond - Songs Of Life (The Jazz Singer Theme)

YouTube - Neil Diamond - Coming to America

YouTube - Neil Diamond - Amazed and Confused (The Jazz Singer Theme)

Pwhhooooaaar ! I enjoyed them , cheers.......

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD
I've been doig well for a last 10 months and I reached my goal for the year + 2% but now I'm in a kind of a resistance that I have hard time to break out of

any suggestions ?

You might be interested in reading what Vadym Graifer wrote about "account resistance". If you use Google Books you can skim through the book and find the appropriate section.

actually 6% - inflation doesnt leave you much better off

the best thing you can do in this situation is take a week or 2 off trading. it is easy to burn yourself out and when you have a week or more with a string of bad losing trades thats the sign to take a break.

any suggestions ?

metamp,

Bit surprised with the negativity on this thread.

I'm sure you'll get a response from the more helpful and experienced traders on this board if you could you let us know your:
1) Average Win (Multiple of Risk);
2) Highest Win (Multiple of Risk);
3) Average Loss (Multiple of Risk);
4) Highest Loss (Multiple of Risk);
5) Win %;
6) Loss %;
7) Minimum Reward/Risk Ratio for any setup;
8) Your Backtesting Results in terms of 1) to 6);
9) Procedure on Consecutive Losses;
10) Typical % allocated for each trade;
11) How many years have you spent learning to trade; and
12) Analysis of Losses between Revenge Trades, Stops Too Tight and Invalid Trades (ie Poor Analysis).

Are you trend trading, range trading or counter-trend trading?

Cheers

i also encounter resistance levels in my account, the best way i find to handle them is to cut my size down, wait and wait and wait for a moment of clarity and then increase my size back up to obliterate the level. Resistance then becomes support :)

But then, i don't have 'a definable system' so this strategy might not be applicable.

Id echo Crap Buddist, forkers and noshoulders sentiments . . . take a good break, reread Trading in the Zone, Market Wizards, Confessions etc (theres always something new in them every time you read them).

i also encounter resistance levels in my account, the best way i find to handle them is to cut my size down, wait and wait and wait for a moment of clarity and then increase my size back up to obliterate the level. Resistance then becomes support :)

But then, i don't have 'a definable system' so this strategy might not be applicable.

I don't have a definable system either
Well I ran my account in a new high and I lost all my gains in one day so I'm back again
I'm taking a 3 weeks break this time
I also cough myself over trading and revenge trading again . somehow my mind just wants to push it up and when I lose I want to make it back quick and doing stupid things
so something is definitely wrong with me lately

u can call me an asshole, I deserve it

Sounds like you should have a daily pnl stop. or say to yourself, "if i ever get a print of £X down, i'm to exit the current pos as well as is possible, and only continue trading with minimum size until the following day"

i've found that when suffering from 'the mist', any poorly executed stops can increase losses enormously.

i'm no expert tho, these are just friendly opinions ;)

Reactions: BSD