ProRealTime programming help needed

sgrech

HI,
I have playing with the PRT software for a little and have developed what I think are a couple of quite simple effective strategies. Problem is I am little stuck with regards to programming my stop loss. I would like it to be placed 1% below the lowest low of the 10 bars prior to the entry point.

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

I have emailed the PRT support desk but they are sometimes quite slow to respond.

Thanks
Simon

HI,
I have playing with the PRT software for a little and have developed what I think are a couple of quite simple effective strategies. Problem is I am little stuck with regards to programming my stop loss. I would like it to be placed 1% below the lowest low of the 10 bars prior to the entry point.

I have emailed the PRT support desk but they are sometimes quite slow to respond.

Thanks
Simon

Hi,

You could use Donchian Levels, the code below gives you values for low over past n bars:

>
Lower = LOWEST[n](LOW[1])

RETURN Lower as "Lower"
>

Multiply by 0.99 to get your 1% below value at entry level.

You will need to set some sort of Binary Signal or bar counter so that the value is fixed to your entry point as it will obviously change as the bars tick along...

Hope that helps.

CFX

HI,

Thanks
Simon

What e-mail addy are you using?