Proper Symbols

robschneid

Attempting to add two symbols to Global Server for TS2000i, YMM6 for the mini-dow and ERM6 for the mini Russell 2000. Under settings, need the price scale, point value, daily limit and min.movement for each. Have setup YMM6 for the CBOT and ERM6 for the CME, but no luck in getting GS to pick up the Quotes.

Depends on your data feed.
I have YMM6.3X & ER2M6.3C (Hyperserver with IB) (although YMM6 & ER2M6 should also work).
I think that Metaserver puts in a space: 'YM M6' & 'ER2 M6'

The price scale, point value, daily limit and min movement don't affect whether you get quotes or not. Worry about them once you've got a feed running. You do need to have category, exchange and ticker right to get started.

Steve

riddle said:
Depends on your data feed.
I have YMM6.3X & ER2M6.3C (Hyperserver with IB) (although YMM6 & ER2M6 should also work).
I think that Metaserver puts in a space: 'YM M6' & 'ER2 M6'

The price scale, point value, daily limit and min movement don't affect whether you get quotes or not. Worry about them once you've got a feed running. You do need to have category, exchange and ticker right to get started.

Steve
I was told by another TS2000i user that the "2" was dropped from ER2M6 by TS. Are you
aware of any change? I have also tried both with spaces and still am not getting any quotes
from Global Server. I have also used Dynastore with the same (no) results.

At this point TS2000i has nothing to do with Tradestation. (Well, vice versa, actually.) They only support TS8.1 which is only sold by subscription. So what you enter will depend on your datafeed and middleware. What are you using?

Most vendors I've seen use ER2 for the mini russel 2000, although I think esignal uses AB for some reason, and Qcharts used to use AQ. The major difference is in the month coding: Esignal uses " #F" for the continuous contract, some have a space before the "M6", some don't. Metaserver RT for IB has a special tool to build the symbol from IB which seemed to work OK.

I am using IQFeed with Dynastore to port over to Global Server in TS2000i. Have tried also using
HyperServer instead of Dynastore, but without any success. I was using HyperServer Lite.

Rob,

According to: http://www.iqfeed.net/symbolguide/i...&displayaction=support&section=guide&type=cme

You should use @ERM6 for russell and (presumably) @YMM6 for dow mini.

One thing I've seen is some people sign up with iqfeed through quotetracker, and then aren't able to use it with other software. (IQ have a specially discounted but crippled feed for them).

If that doesn't work, you'll have to post on the IQfeed message board for more help.

Steve

I believe this may be the problem, crippled program. The symbols are correct as you show, but trying to use IQFeed thru HyperServer to GLobal Server just doesn't work. NOr going thru Dynastore either. Yet on another computer, it works just fine. Seemingly there is a difference in the IQFeed on one.