PDF Editor

rossored

Does anyone know of a decent program that will allow me to edit a PDF file?

I have a couple of 'official' documents that I am wanting to complete, but rather than print out and complete by hand, I would rather type the responses. I'm sure this must be able to be done...

By the way, I already have Adobe InDesign (which won't do it) and Acrobat Professional (which won't do it as far as I know)

I thought you could edit PDF files with Acrobat Professional, unless they have been protected so that you can't. You can also import PDF documents into InDesign unless they have been protected..

You could always get a program that converts the PDF to Word then edit it and convert it back again. There are many free convertors from Word to PDF.

Paul

Adobe are a a bit naughty with their programs. You can get a version that will read PDF's, create PDFs' (distiller) and Create/Edit PDF's which I believe to be the Pro version. All of which come with different licencing costs etc.

Trader333 is correct you can get a program to extract and then recreate a PDF, PDF995 maybe one alternative.

Adobe ar a bit naughty with their licencing and costs, but with more and more Corporates using PDF's they obviously saw a chance to exploit.

Yep, I think that would - however, adrianallen was right in that Acrobat Pro, which I already have, can do it anyway - I just couldn't figure it out last night, although its not a complicated process - just had my head in the sand last night, obviously.

Thanks for your replies guys.