Painful shopping experiences...

Crap Buddist

:rolleyes: well this is my worst Safeway supermarkets. My local all of a sudden started saying "Hello sir" when you were about 25 metres away from the fish counter..... you know even with your head turned the other way, no eye contact.... turn another isle and again, "hello sir"

same store this check out girl was (in the express isle) was saying Hi.. EEEEEE bi. EEEE to every customer. it was so bad , so false, it hurt...... not a hello, how are you or a change of greeting just hiii EEEE, Bi EEEE ..

obviously the memo hit the stores to get all friendly as if in a town of a few hundred k you knew all the customers........

bonkers what companies try........

bollox ive hit some button and its shrunk my browser tiny writings..........

Asda always has someone stood 20 yards in from the entrance, stood doing jack ****.
There to greet people, be on hand, stare at you etc. They must feel a tad uncomfortable doing this for several hours every day :whistle:rolleyes:.

Forget the American-style greetings. How about this for service: a couple of years ago, my local Tesco (nb we are talking about the Midlands - about as far from the sea as you can get) had a sign by the Fish Counter promoting "locally-caught cod" !

CB,

You mean, he doesn't understand your logic of buying two-for-one dog food even though you don't have dog?

Grant.

Exactly Grant, exchange of goods for twice the value down the road.... and dont forget the sainsbury's price arb, although not sure they havent stopped that now since that couple took em for 20k of free goods on the price mis match.... (y)

CB,

What's the story behind the Sainsbury's arbitrage? Don't think I've heard this one.

Grant.

late 90's , price mis match, you get all the goods for free..... some geezers made it their job to spot a price mis match on the shelf, and load it all, go to checkout and duly received all the goods for free in line with sainsburys policy. That being if the price you see on the shelf is wrong you get the item/s for free..... (y)

Went to court at one point , I think sainsburys wanted to stop the guy doing this every day, cant remember the ruling, but i thought at the time the public was doing the stores a favour, making sure the prices matched. :) might be something on the net, have not searched, just remembered it from years back.....

dont know if that policy still exists today.... but cost them thousands.. back then. small change to them ,but you have to admire the spirit of the keen eyed shopper in the booze isle.

CB,

Excellent. Admiration is right.

Not quite the same but illustrates how some seem to be trying to pull a fast one. I won’t name the store in case one of the buyers reads this.

Every week I buy seeds/nuts. Sunflower (?) seeds originally cost c 45p a bag. They doubled the price overnight to 90 – 95p. I queried this and they couldn’t provide an explanation. However, in another part of the store they sell the same but in a bag 2-3 times the size and the unit price actually works out at 33% of the smaller bag. It’s only a matter of time before someone spots this anomaly. Of course, larger sizes do tend to carry a slight discount but not to this degree.

Grant.