Opening a forex account

djl said:
From what I understand scalping involves many fast trades within a short time frame where the trader is looking to make small pip gains, hence the name "scalping".

Why we can't trade many positions quickly in short time frame? Don't brokers earn more if we trade more ( they earn commission through spreads) ? :eek:

It could be their computers aren't fast or good enough, or, scalping could be very profitable for the traders but not for the brokers. When too many traders scalp with the same broker that broker's computer could break down very fast, so the broker has to pay to buy a new computer.

I have been in the process of opening a new trading acct. I decided to open an acct at http://www.refcofx.com

They offer good spreads, a nice platform and 100:1 trading. I checked out Oanda and they only offer up to 50:1 trading.

phoenixforex said:
stick to a regulated broker,
marketiva works like a mlm, and doesn't offer that much....guess it's a good place to start trading with real $ if that 5$ can be considered trading LIVE. and spreads are way bigger than oanda's for example.

They are regulated..

MLM is a Multi Level Marketing program that gives incentives to several level of referrals, Marketiva is only one level referral, and they are clearly not depends on new membership to pay their referrals

The affiliate program is actually everywhere almost all broker have Introducing Broker program

The $5 rewards is a real money you can trade Live and make money with it

Nothing wrong with them, no reason to stay away when even the regulated one seem to have many lacking everywhere

since there is no minimum to start trading live this is a good chance for those who have very limited money to start their Live Forex Trading

Last edited:
SvenFoster said:
LOL!! most bucket shops would just stop you from trading or at least make it difficult for you. This one tells you its going to take your money back of you.
"If you don't play by my rules, i'm taking my ball back"

pole a barge with touch don't.... couldn't make it any clearer..
....hang on i'll give it a try.
don't touch with a barge pole.

thats better.
That is normal and almost all online broker won't accept that kind of trading and most of them never tell anything about it

Oanda don't accept that either

Last edited:
mahmode said:
That is normal and almost all online broker won't accept that kind of trading and most of them never tell anything about it

Oanda don't accept that either

Normal !!!
If I didn't know better it sounds like your part of a pyramid or mlm scheme on reading your posts.

Stay away folks :rolleyes:

a few people before have told me that no broker likes scalping, all will stop it in the end.
I have a trading account with FXsol but came across Marketiva yesterday, I like it nice simple trading platform and they are regulated by the fsa all money is kept in HSBC and chase morgan banks in a segregated account, what more could you ask for?