oil traders or broker or ?

henon

Hey guys, recently I've got a position offered to me from a friend of mine. As he's quitting his job, his mentor told him to look for a reliable, trustable replacement. Well, I guess he chose me cause we've been friends for awhile now. So, after listening to his side of story, I didn't actually ask him what position but I'd know he's a junior trader in 1 of the big 3 oil company(bp,exxon,shell, i don't wish to name the exact company).

By the way, I'm base in Singapore, here's the thing, he said I will be dealing with clients face to face, will have to travel oversea as well for that, I will be working in a very stressful environment, no time for commitment(friends, gf, family, etc). I didn't asked exactly what position it was cause it might be a stupid question(if you know what i mean).

I'm wondering what do you guys think? What position/roles am i getting?

Thanks.

I would ask him *all* about the position and what will be required of you. Best that you find out before you accept it. Also ask about pay and find out the details. When you are paid and how much.

If the position has to do with business and dealing with people, best to learn how to communicate *very* well now. With business dealings, you can't "assume" anything or not ask something because you are being polite. Be upfront, frank, and clear about each and every detail. Ask questions about ANYTHING you don't fully understand. There is no such thing as a stupid question! Misunderstandings in business dealings can cause all sorts of trouble for either party!