Ocado, worth a £1bl floatation price?

• Thread starter Black Swan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 9
Anyone know if any companies exist that do the whole of UK for shopping ? If they could tie in parcel force then remote customers might actually get some service !!!

There are some online sites that flog near out of date stuff for postage of a fiver , but not exactly wide choices all the time...

:)

should have been priced at 70p...a quid tops...but that wouldn't float the boat of any of the group of hyenas that prey on these utter utter 5hite floatations...

nope, but looking at it now demonstrates exactly why timing is everything with shorting....

I know a big fund manager who bought a load pre offering at around 180, got auto liquidated by risk at ~140 and hes not been allowed to rebuy... he has an excellent track record but hes obviously ballsed up the timing on this one and knowing the market will have to sit and watch it go up. So i wouldnt be shorting this anytime soon unless you have a death wish..

Had a little look at their balance sheet. The only positive thing I could find is that their turnover has increased well and steadily for the past 3 years although they have not managed to turn that into profit yet. But loses are getting smaller and they have actually forecast a profit for this year. Other than that it's all a bit poo. Liabilities in relation to assets is appalling and that is why.... I'm out!