Nymex access?

hrokling

I'm curious: Going through a few of the most well-known arcades in the Arcade Index, I'm unable to spot anyone offering Nymex access. Why is this?

One of the markets I've been working with strategies on is the Nymex Natural Gas contracts, and I'm curious if it's possible to get the same kind of deals trading this as it's possible to get with Liffe, Eurex, CME, CBOT and so on. (I'm talking absolute dirt cheap exchange fees and clearing).

I think a lot of their contracts trade electronically on CME Globex. Just have a look at the CME website and it'll tell you. CME shouldn't be so hard to get access to.

Yes, the electronic Nymex contracts trade on Globex. But from looking at CMEs European Prop Trading Incentive I gather that the reduced fees are only for CME-contract, and not Nymex contracts.

I've looked at the price for leasing a membership, which definitely would be one way of doing it. Btw, does anyone know if the prices quoted are per month or per agreed term? (http://www.nymex.com/ss_nymex_lease.aspx)