New Default Chart

KevinLed

When I change the default chart in Metastock & I open a stock I have never opened before, it opens the way I want the charts to now look, but if I open a stock I have looked at before, it will open the way the default chart used to look & I have to go in & tell it to apply the new default chart. How can I change the look of the default chart & then have it open that way even when I open a stock I have looked at before? Kevin

If you don't want to retain any previous trend lines, indicators etc. then you can delete all your MSSMART folders and their contents.

To do so,

Close MetaStock

click on Start -> Search, All Files & Folders, In the All or part of filename type in MSSMART. In Look In, select Drive C.

Wait a while and all MSSMART folders on your hard drive will be shown in the results.

Delete each of the folders.

Start MetaStock, then all will be fixed.

If you want to keep some smart charts then it's a real pain to save over the old smart chart. Let me know if you need this instead and I'll give you the whole process.

Cheers,
Richard.

Hi, does anyone know how to post a chart from Metastock to an internet thread such as advfn etc. Do I need a graphical grabber program or is there another way? Any help appreciated.

File -> Save as HTML. It will create a PNG file. You can then attach the PNG file to your posts.

Alternatively, you can use a screen capture program (but make sure you save the screenshots as PNG or GIF as these actually take up less space than JPG and are better quality too).

Cheers,
Richard.

Gdday mate. Thanks Richard, will give it a go. Australia. Coincidence. Have just ordered a book from Dymocks book store in Sydney. Daryl Guppy's Trend Trading, which I couldn't seem to find in the UK.