my approach to day trading

maxxam80

While I may be a new member on this forum, I would - and others regard me as an experienced trader, having mucked around with futures and options for 9 years in London, it has only been recently that I have made consistent profits- swing trading U.S equities.

For me to successfully trade has been the most difficult challenge in my life. I have wasted a lot of blood sweat and tears learning (and of course money), and now I can 'trade' I can tell you it sure is worth the struggle it financially.

A lot of people see that I now have money, and obviously ask how I made it (over the short period of time 2 years). I tell most of them I swing trade equities, and tell them unless they are truly truly dedicated; not to bother trading (sound advice I think you will all agree – your either 100% dedicated or nothing). However I tell friends who are pursuing different careers and can only afford limited time trading a week to checkout 1dayhold.com. This is the only daytrade 'stock pick' service that I have found on the net (tried over 20 of them - 80% of them don't add up to jack) that can actually get decent results with little effort of my side. (I also reco daytradeteam.com for educating newbie’s on trading- those guys are great at teaching but can't get the same results as 1dayhold).

Anyway...... I hope to share some of my filters with you guys soon in particular my cracking RSI (2) one.

here is one of my favourite

here is a favourite filter we use at Westpac bank securities dep

/* RSI(2) < 1 and LR heading north stock SELECTION filter with DMA(28,-14)*/

and add column average volume(30)
and add column DMA(28,-14)

and RSI(2) below 1
and 60 day slope of the close above 0

and price is 3 percent or greater below DMA(28,-14)

close above 20
average volume(30) above 1000000

enter on green and hold when rsi(2) is oversold

my gift to you (DMA is a killer)

this filter/screener is good for a short term swing trade:

Show stocks where fast stochastic fast %k(14) is below 10
and Williams %R(14) below -99
and RSI(2)is below 10
and volume is above 500000
and close is between 1 and 20

Interesting

Interesting ideas - any chance of a screen shot to give a better impression?

Regards,

Nick

By DMA(28,-14) do you mean the value of the SMA 14 bars ago ? In other words LEAD (SMA(28), 14) or maybe LAG (SMA(28),14) depending on terminology.