Multiple Time Zones in Forex

noises49

I've come across a spiffy little program that's cured my frustration at having to deal with multiple vendors using many different time zones to report and chart Forex. It's called "ZoneTick" - it replaces the standard Windows clock in the system tray. Multiple locations can be displayed simultaneously in a variety of formats. An unlimited number of alarms can be set to produce sounds or initiate processes. A full function demo is available at zonetick.com.

Highly recommended for fellow "frustees."

Attachments

• ZoneTick.JPG
    ZoneTick.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 5,303
  • ZoneTick-1.JPG
    ZoneTick-1.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,127
Interesting.

I downloaded and went to install this - and then stopped.

PestPatrol informed me (before it had even been installed) of a nice piece of spyware that it carries with it (see URL and attached).

http://www.popupsentry.com/B/BTV.EXE-209.html

Overview

Summary

Recent restraining orders and pending court cases against BTV industries Court case pertains to 900 pay per dial charges at $3.99 per minute and fake "You won a SonyPlaystations 2 spam e-mail mass mailings.

Vendor Description

A program that (secretly) changes your dialup connection setting so that instead of calling your local internet provider, your Pc calls some very expensive 0900 or international phone number

Alias

Adware/RVP [Panda], BTV.EXE, Dialer.LJ [Panda], Trojan.Win32.Small.an [Kaspersky],

Category

Dialer : Software that dials a phone number. Some dialers connect to local Internet Service Providers and are beneficial as configured. Others connect to toll numbers without user awareness or permission.

Nice.

Attachments

• pest.gif
    pest.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 700
Spyware

Red,

Thanks for the heads-up! We all detest spyware, but I found it difficult to believe these folks would knowlingly attach that crap to their product, which I've been extremely pleased with over the course of a few short days. I ran the latest/greatest version of Adaware and BTV did not show up. (See attached). The only hits I got were thru IE (which I wouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole - except when it's forced on me by other parties).
I will send an email to their tech staff reviewing your findings; perhaps they can shed additional light on this.

Regards,

Noises

rossored said:
Interesting.

PestPatrol informed me (before it had even been installed) of a nice piece of spyware that it carries with it (see URL and attached).

Overview

Summary

Recent restraining orders and pending court cases against BTV industries Court case pertains to 900 pay per dial charges at $3.99 per minute and fake "You won a SonyPlaystations 2 spam e-mail mass mailings.

Vendor Description

A program that (secretly) changes your dialup connection setting so that instead of calling your local internet provider, your Pc calls some very expensive 0900 or international phone number

Alias

Adware/RVP [Panda], BTV.EXE, Dialer.LJ [Panda], Trojan.Win32.Small.an [Kaspersky],

Category

Dialer : Software that dials a phone number. Some dialers connect to local Internet Service Providers and are beneficial as configured. Others connect to toll numbers without user awareness or permission.

Nice.

Attachments

• AdAware.JPG
    AdAware.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 2,961
Spyware Update

Tech people got right back to me - they are not aware of any probs of this nature - but will check it out further. That dialer is one bad dude. I'm impressed by the number of criminals that exist on the planet. I'm still getting the Nigerian prince routine. (I guess some folks are still biting).
Anyway, it's better to be safe than sorry.

rossored said:
Interesting.

Overview

Summary

Vendor Description

Alias

Category

Nice.

Microsoft do a vaguely similar thing called Microsoft Time Zone. Not visible all the time but it puts an icon in the tray which you can click on whenever you want to see the time in 5 locations.

It's free and it meets my needs.

Rob

PestPatrol - Solution or Problem?

Hi Dan,

I am checking our distribution files with eTrust PestPatrol
Anti-Spyware
Corporate Edition, which I just obtained from tucows.com and applied
all
updates to.

No spyware found.

Would it be possible to confirm with the reporter of the problem that
it
actually exists. From which specific location did he/she try
downloading
the product?

I am very interested in knowing that.

Thanks!

Nik

rossored said:
Interesting.

Overview

Summary

Vendor Description

Alias

Category

Nice.

Great.

I downloaded it from your/their site.

This PC is fresh as a daisy, too. Re-formatted and re-installed everything from the ground up yesterday, and that was the first run of Pest Patrol with all the latest updates.

Thanks for reply

Ok - It's not my site - I'm just a user. Since we're getting different results, would you mind
shooting an email to [email protected] and establishing a dialogue. Perhaps we can figure out what's going on? My take is it's a clean, useful product.

TY

rossored said:
Great.

I downloaded it from your/their site.

This PC is fresh as a daisy, too. Re-formatted and re-installed everything from the ground up yesterday, and that was the first run of Pest Patrol with all the latest updates.

lol

yeah, i would mind!

Its not my product, I don't plan to use it and I've supplied everything I need to in this thread. If a vendor has a problem with a product, I don't plan on sorting it out for them!

Your the one with the problem

For some reason you believe you're being scamed! You're not. This is a legitimate product. I've installed it on two different systems - nary a trace of BTV Dialer. I posted it because I found it to be a real help and thought other traders would think likewise. I suspect Pop-Up Sentry is generating a "false positive" here. In any case, it would be helpful for you to lose your attitude. You've maligned a legitimate and useful product!

rossored said:
lol

yeah, i would mind!

Its not my product, I don't plan to use it and I've supplied everything I need to in this thread. If a vendor has a problem with a product, I don't plan on sorting it out for them!

noises49,

Can't you work out the time zones yourself?

I don't see any need for a program to do such a simple task. Surely any trader will be familiar with the different time zones.

I have five(5) time zones to track - Japan, London, Zulu, NY and Pac. I have multiple vendors all showing different times. I have been doing this simple task for two years now, that's why I wanted to stop wasting my time(zone).
This product also has multiple alarms that can be set to prime trading times as well as several other nice features.
Any other questions?

Texas_Hedge said:
noises49,

Can't you work out the time zones yourself?

I don't see any need for a program to do such a simple task. Surely any trader will be familiar with the different time zones.

By the way

I suggest you download and try it. It's free and fully functional. Then, let me know if you stillt feel it's not worth it.
The spyware issue is bogus. I've loaded it on 3 separate machines - all came up completeley clean. Also, the vendor responds immediately to emails - malware people are non-existent when you try to contact them!.

noises49 said:
I have five(5) time zones to track - Japan, London, Zulu, NY and Pac. I have multiple vendors all showing different times. I have been doing this simple task for two years now, that's why I wanted to stop wasting my time(zone).
This product also has multiple alarms that can be set to prime trading times as well as several other nice features.
Any other questions?

noises49 said:
For some reason you believe you're being scamed! You're not. This is a legitimate product. I've installed it on two different systems - nary a trace of BTV Dialer. I posted it because I found it to be a real help and thought other traders would think likewise. I suspect Pop-Up Sentry is generating a "false positive" here. In any case, it would be helpful for you to lose your attitude. You've maligned a legitimate and useful product!

No, I don't believe I'm being scammed at all, and nor have I suggested as much. What I have suggested it that it may be a poor product and that I personally would not recommend installing it. I also believe that it is a product that comes/came with spyware installed. I didn't imagine it, I know a hell of a lot about PC's and I know a hell of a lot about how programs like this work.

Pop-Up sentry? Where do you get that from? I've only mentioned a top of the range Spyware Program called Pest Patrol which is absolutely bullet proof in my experience. As I said in a previous post, the PC was fully formatted and re-installed not 24 hours previously. The Spyware was not there before, and yet it was there afterwards. How strange.

As for 'attitude'? Hmm. All I've done, my friend, is demonstrate the flaw in a product. Funny how you seem so keen on defending it, when, in your own words, it has nothing to do with you. Please.

As you say, your post was put here to show it as a useful product to traders. Fine, you're welcome to your opinion. Equally, mine was put here to show that I feel it is a poor product. I am also entitled to my opinion.

OK - Time to call it quits. I apologize for any problems caused. I will reiterate this was submitted in good faith. I have no connection whatsoever with these folks.

Good trading to you and to all!