MetaStock vs eSignal vs ShareScope

Thank you Pat -can you suggest any another software instaed of MetaStock, please?

Thanks
Arek

I have been looking at Tradecision. It seems pretty good but hard to tell without actually buying it. If you do please let me know how you get on. They answer queries promptly which is a good sign imho

have a look at Amibroker - less than a hundred quid, download free data from yahoo, language (if required) not too hard to learn.

UTB

I have been looking at Tradecision. It seems pretty good but hard to tell without actually buying it. If you do please let me know how you get on. They answer queries promptly which is a good sign imho

Plus, it cost like $3000 to buy, and then one has to pay $1000 per year to keep it. (n)

As of June 2008, Amibroker is only $280US - - it may be easier to set up backtesting on MetaStock or TradeStation, but Amibroker is less proprietary and easy to "get under the hood" with code-wise for the price...

Thank you so much

Is the Amibroker only for FX or I can use it for shares market us well?

Arek
As of June 2008, Amibroker is only $280US - - it may be easier to set up backtesting on MetaStock or TradeStation, but Amibroker is less proprietary and easy to "get under the hood" with code-wise for the price...

Amibroker can do both, here is the link to the version comparison chart (below)

Thank you so much

Arek

Amibroker can do both, here is the link to the version comparison chart:

About AmiBroker Editions

They have a beta version which works with Interactive Brokers to do realtime automated trading.
Amibroker for $280US is a good deal if your focus will primarily be analysis...
Hope that helps,
Richard

Amibroker can do both, here is the link to the version comparison chart:

About AmiBroker Editions

They have a beta version which works with Interactive Brokers to do realtime automated trading.
Amibroker for $280US is a good deal if your focus will primarily be analysis...
Hope that helps,
Richard

Does amibroker works with auotomated trading? If so, hows the programming language for amibroker looks?

You also may want to check out NinjaTrader...

Thank you so much

Arek

Another excellent program is NinjaTrader. Rent as you go (like TradeStation), I think it is about $1000US to buy.
NinjaTrader is better overall because even though there is a learning curve, it is broker-independent, super-customizeable, and has numerous realtime trading strategies. Far better for realtime trading - - if you have any TradeStation strategies, you can have NinjaTrader run them, but it is a more involved process in setting up triggers, etc. compared to having everything in one program like TradeStation.
Good Luck,
Richard

Thank you Richard

Arek

Another excellent program is NinjaTrader. Rent as you go (like TradeStation), I think it is about $1000US to buy.
NinjaTrader is better overall because even though there is a learning curve, it is broker-independent, super-customizeable, and has numerous realtime trading strategies. Far better for realtime trading - - if you have any TradeStation strategies, you can have NinjaTrader run them, but it is a more involved process in setting up triggers, etc. compared to having everything in one program like TradeStation.
Good Luck,
Richard

Amibroker

My vote is for Amibroker. I trade with it for a while, and have to admit that it is very good, and very, very quick, easy to learn, test etc.
Good Luck,
Alex

I don't look what any of the software costs. If the tool is what I need I pay any price.
I run eSignal for my daily trading.
The main reason I bought Metastock was the Point&Figure chart which updates in real time. That's something eSignal doesn't offer. Back then I thought I've found the holy grail.
Today the thing I like about Metastock is the Explorer. It's a scanner that searches your market after your preset criteria. You can scan for candle formations, volume breakouts, MA crossovers etc etc... I use it regularly.