Message from Grey1

fibbo

Hi All
I spoke to Grey1 yesterday and he wanted me to let you all know that he has no internet connection at the moment, thats why he has been quite of late.
He has not had any internet since the 9th of jan and wont get it back untill the earliest 23rd Jan at which time he will answer all mails and asap things will be back to normal.

He send his regards to everybody and hopes you are all doing well.

fibbo said:
Hi All
I spoke to Grey1 yesterday and he wanted me to let you all know that he has no internet connection at the moment, thats why he has been quite of late.
He has not had any internet since the 9th of jan and wont get it back untill the earliest 23rd Jan at which time he will answer all mails and asap things will be back to normal.

He send his regards to everybody and hopes you are all doing well.
Hi Fibbo

Thanks for letting us all know. I was getting worried that Grey1 had given up on us!!!

Cheers

Steve

evostik said:
Hi Fibbo

Thanks for letting us all know. I was getting worried that Grey1 had given up on us!!!

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve,

To my own surprise my broad band was connected few min ago . Just one word of advise. If BT phoned and asked you if you liked to upgrade to option3 which is 2MB to 8 MB line say NOOOOOOOO .. A big NO . BT suppprt is terrible and I rather to put it behind me as one of the biggest nightmares I have had. I am just down loading my data from esignal and hopefully be trading Friday .

I was suppose to have a connection on Monday 22nd but for some reason the internet connection was up and working to day .

I am intending to post a series of seminars on U TUBE and do live trading as well for the benefit of our younger traders. I will do that as soon as I configure how to upload the DVD file into U TUBE .

Grey1

Grey1 said:
I am intending to post a series of seminars on U TUBE and do live trading as well for the benefit of our younger traders. I will do that as soon as I configure how to upload the DVD file into U TUBE .

Grey1

Great just what the doctor ordered :)

Nice to see you back Grey1, its been quite around here of late, everyone busy studying "Rocket Science" me thinks :?:

I have just down loaded all the missing data from the 5th of the month on wards from esignal and every thing seems to go OK but for some strange reason still data missing on the chart ..

Any idea what the problem might be guys ?

Thanks

Grey1 said:
I have just down loaded all the missing data from the 5th of the month on wards from esignal and every thing seems to go OK but for some strange reason still data missing on the chart ..

Thanks
Hi Grey1

So glad you are back. I obvioulsy don't know if its the same issue I have, but often, in GlobalServer, I select to download history for say 1 min, 5 min and daily data. However, only 5 min and daily data is there!! So, I then go back and just select just 1 min data history on its own to download and then I it have it and everything is fine. Just something to try.
Good luck,

Steve

Grey1 said:

Thanks

Iraj,

Can you post a screenshot of your charts (or lack of)

Paul

Possible reason: -
There will a potential gap or two in the charts because of US holidays.
If you don't have the option set up to ignore the gaps, or if you haven't 'programmed' the holidays into global server, then this may be the reason.

Glenn

Trader333 said:
Iraj,

Can you post a screenshot of your charts (or lack of)

Paul

Here we go Paul

Attachments

• Trade284.png
    Trade284.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 41
Glenn said:
Possible reason: -
There will a potential gap or two in the charts because of US holidays.
If you don't have the option set up to ignore the gaps, or if you haven't 'programmed' the holidays into global server, then this may be the reason.

Glenn

Hi

How do I set up to ignore gaps ... ?

Thanks

Grey1 said:
Hi

How do I set up to ignore gaps ... ?

Thanks
Hi G1
click view>chart options>symbol then click box

IMHO if the the cause isn't bad data then this would be the wrong solution to use as it would also mask genuine lost data and thus give you false signals ???

Last edited:
Grey1 said:
Here we go Paul

This blank chart looks like one of the idiosyncracies of TS2000.
Try deleting the chart and opening a new one with the same instrument in it.
Sometimes that works.

Glenn

Iraj,

This looks to me like the backfill data hasn't worked correctly. However, to avoid seeing gaps in data try the following:

1) Click on View and select "Chart Options"
2) Select the "Symbol" tab as shown.
3) Untick the two options as shown by the blue rectangle

This will stop any gaps in data from being displayed. Give it a go and let see if it makes any difference.

Paul

Attachments

• co.gif
    co.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 24
Trader333 said:
Iraj,

This looks to me like the backfill data hasn't worked correctly. However, to avoid seeing gaps in data try the following:

1) Click on View and select "Chart Options"
2) Select the "Symbol" tab as shown.
3) Untick the two options as shown by the blue rectangle

This will stop any gaps in data from being displayed. Give it a go and let see if it makes any difference.

Paul
Thanks paul

It is all Ok now..

Iraj