market profile

prop

just wondering who out there is using Market Profile ?
i use Profile in the Eurostoxx futures with a good degree of success
a lot of the people around me dont use it to its fullest as its a tough one to learn,
i have read Daltons "mind of Markets" probably close to 10 times now and only now is it all starting to sink in and help my trading
i am using points of control, big 5 day merged ledges and value area is entry signal,
be interested to know who else is a profile fan and what stuff you are looking at and what degree of success you are having with it ?

cheers

I use MP in my daily analysis of the S&P futures. If you like Mind Over Markets, give Dalton's new book - Markets in Profile - a read.

I trade some patterns based on minus development, and some based on balance areas - slightly different from value areas in that there may be 2 or 3 of these in a single profile.

Last edited:
I use MP in my daily analysis of the S&P futures. If you like Mind Over Markets, give Dalton's new book - Markets in Profile - a read.

Rhody, are you using RTH profile or 24 hour globex? Obviously if you're refering to the mini contract.

Cheers :)

Rhody, are you using RTH profile or 24 hour globex? Obviously if you're refering to the mini contract.

My main work is in the big contract, and I focus on the RTH. I've employed the 24 hour profiles for the minis and for forex, though.

how do you setup market profile for a 24 hour market

I mean to determine the open and close session?

market profil & ORB's are the bread & butter of the guys in pits espically in the 70's/80's, most of tryed to replicate the same methods on the screen without luck, maybe its just them