Market Depth screen shots?

Hi,
I'm getting ready to sign up with a futures broker to do some simulated trading. I'd like to know about how market depth is displayed, as that seems to be one of the important functions of the platform. I've included a screen shot from the lind-waldock platform. I've seen others that are similar, but are side by side instead of stacked on top of each other..

Is there any futures platform that displays this info in graphical format? If the answer is 'no' and you are a programmer who considers this to be a trivial job, please pm me.

Thanks,
JO

Attachments

• marketDepth.gif
    marketDepth.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 471
Why do you want it in graphical form ? Also which broker have you decided to sign up with ?

Paul

Hi Paul,
I haven't decided yet. I've been considering Lind-waldock and tradestation sec. Both take small accounts and are regulated. I used LW as a broker back in the 80's and they were good to me then. I like the fact they are not in NYC - no offense, but sometimes I find it hard to understand the NY accent. They talk as fast at LW, but it is in a familiar midwestern accent for the most part.. LW will let you trade on their simulated platform for $15 /month after the first 30 days free. Tradestation is a more robust platform, and the fee to have the data feed and platform on your desktop (if you are not trading) is $198/month. That seems a little steep for the stage I'm at right now.

A good part of my decision may be based upon how the market depth screens are presented. Level II screens for stocks have a graphical component - having the bid and ask side by side, and the different levels displayed in different colors adds tremendously to my "at a glance understanding" of the situation. I find my brain processes the visual clues much faster than it calculates the numbers.

I was wondering what other people see on their screens. I've requested a screen shot from the sales rep at TS. Their demo disk gives you a good idea of how their platform is set up for stocks, but doesn't cover the futures screens. I assume they are similar?
JO