MA crossover strategy

TASK

Does anyone here use moving average crossovers to enter trades? are they an effective tool to to enter positions on an intraday basis or should I be looking at other indicators for entering positions?

I don't but I will ask my grandfather. They were used a lot then:)

Seriously now, MAs have too much lag for intraday trading unless you get a good intraday trend. But that occurs once in a while. In the meantime you will be losing a lot of money.

Can I just ask would you recommend for a 4 hour charts or daily charts? This is something I'm playing around with right now.

Why dont you take a look at the 3 ducks trading system by Captain Currency?. it is a good method based on MA´s.
A lot of people follow it with good results and the guy helps people telling them what to look for, i am not sure if he also tells them when to quit a position but to have a good advice about when to enter into a position always helps.
He uses 5 min, 1 hr and 4 hr charts. If you are not very skilled try not to use the daily chart, use it only to have a bigger picture of the actual trend but not to trade.
good luck