Lottery linked bank account?

Investment Forum

Supposedly lottery linked bank accounts started with banks in Spain, notably Santander Bank. Does anyone know or have some sort of a list where lottery based bank accounts can be opened?

And would these accounts be based on purchasing bank shares or bonds in order to get more draws?

Would be cool if anyone knew more about this.

lotto bonds have been issued by quite a few countries... here in the UK we have premium bonds which instead of paying a coupon pay something random up to a million pounds depending on what the random number generator says.

heck, iirc even north korea has done some!

No matter where I look online, I ONLY find premium bonds from the UK. Despite the fact that they supposedly exist in other countries, issued by governments, banks and local authorities such as states, I have been unable to find any other than UK bonds, Swedish bonds and Belgium bonds. Where is the rest?

dunno... maybe they weren't that popular...

I wonder if anyone still does tontines?

lotto bonds have been issued by quite a few countries... here in the UK we have premium bonds which instead of paying a coupon pay something random up to a million pounds depending on what the random number generator says.

heck, iirc even north korea has done some!

Every month i look forward to checking the premium bonds draw and every month i think i should cash them in and do something useful/fun with the money... ah well at least they stop me being lottery tickets.