Linking email to Mobile phones

al-motor

I guess this is a tech question !??!

Just wondering how i can link my email account to the mobile phone so that when i receive an email, i can read as a text on mobile ( or something similar !?!)- I know the folks do this in the US, but not sure if we can do it here...............

I have a hotmail and a virgin account as emails- For mobiles i use Orange and "3" ( Three)..............

thanks
Al

al-motor said:
how i can link my email account to the mobile phone so that when i receive an email, i can read as a text on mobile ( or something similar !?!)
Think you might be able to do this with "Pocketmail". Some of my email chess opponents use it when they're moving about. You could try www.pocketmail.com ?

if you have a pop / imap account (which virgin should provide - not sure about hotmail) then depending on your phone you can configure it pick up emails.

works perfectly for me on my P900.

If you have an orange phone you can set up an orange net account and get the emails sent directly to your mobile.

jwhite-

thanks for that- I may do that if they dont charge anything for it !!

cheers
Al

According to a story in today's Times involving Alastair Campbell, there's also something called a "BlackBerry" which purports to be a sort of phone that can send and receive emails. Probably very expensive! (What on earth am I doing replying to anything in the "technical" section of the site??? :) )

Roberto said:
According to a story in today's Times involving Alastair Campbell, there's also something called a "BlackBerry" which purports to be a sort of phone that can send and receive emails. Probably very expensive! (What on earth am I doing replying to anything in the "technical" section of the site??? :) )

Lol Roberto

A Blackberry is like a small PDA device which allows you to read all your email and send emails from it at any time. It looks to people as if you are still in the info, apart from the fact your emails tend to be a lot terser. They are very popular in city banks, thankfully I have never had to carry one....

Stew

think blackberry its a bit OTT and can be expensive - do you really need emails PUSHED to you or are you happy to just pick them up ? If so what phone have you got ?

You can get all the handsets (inc blackberry ones) from these guys

www.gotyourmobile.com

JK-

The 2 phones that i use are Orange and 3- A Nokia and LG respectively.............I will be looking into Orange as u mentioned it.

All i need is picking email up, not even writing/senbding email- justy to read...........

thanks
Al

Paul- Cheers- talk to u soon.