Kaspersky Internet Security

breadman

Established member
Hello all

Has anyone used Kaspersky Internet security. Does anyone have any reviews on how good or bad it is.

thanks,

breadman

Go through this forum you will find a lot of threads on Kaspersky, and others. From what I can gather generally it it a very highly thought of product.
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Russian made highly thought of...

I'm not a racist but I would not buy a Russian security product because there is an inherent contradiction in terms. Most vicious hackers are Russian and who can guarantee to me that the very same people who build this product are not going to be the ones who will one day compromise its security. I need guaranty to get such a product.

I'm not disputing it's a great product, I have heard very good reviews and the updates are very frequent than any other product. But...

Alex

Russian made highly thought of...

I'm not a racist but I would not buy a Russian security product because there is an inherent contradiction in terms. Most vicious hackers are Russian and who can guarantee to me that the very same people who build this product are not going to be the ones who will one day compromise its security. I need guaranty to get such a product.

I'm not disputing it's a great product, I have heard very good reviews and the updates are very frequent than any other product. But...

Alex

Personally I would be inclined to judge an application on its merrits / results, not on its country of origin, but each to his own.

Personally I would be inclined to judge an application on its merrits / results, not on its country of origin, but each to his own.

I mostly agree but when it comes to security I prefer to stick with good, old, slow, frustrating Norton. Just my own opinion. I also use Panda on another PC just to test it and I am quite satisfied up to now. it is certainly faster than Norton and the updates are very frequent.

Alex

Kaspersky

Hello all

Has anyone used Kaspersky Internet security. Does anyone have any reviews on how good or bad it is.

thanks,

breadman

Hi Breadman, I use Kaspersky antivirus, with I believe internet security, Ive found it to be the BEST Ive ever used .......cant recommend it highly enough, 5***** IMHO

good luck and regards,

Yeah, PC Pros' just conducted a review (September edition and currently on the the news stands?) of a range of anti-virus software products and Kaspersky Internet Security was the pick of the bunch and came out top in practically all categories.

It comes recommended by people who should know about the these things. Predictably, Norton came nowhere! :)

HTH

Mayfly