Journalling & Analysis Software recommendations please

D

Dooped

Hi All,

I trade spot FX using MT4. I previously made about 20 trades a month for which Snagit and Excel done a great job of record keeping. I've just added Intraday to my repertoire and the admin overhead is too much to use the same journaling method.

My broker does provide some reporting but I'd like to add daily commentary, lessons learnt etc as well as seeing graphs for my trades and the ability to run weekly/monthly analysis and statistics on what I've done. Things like win ratio %, time of the day, average win/loser, how far trades went against me etc.

TradingDiary Pro & StockTickr look reasonable so far.

Any recommendations from what you actually use would be good (y)

Thanks Dooped.

I think MT4 allows you to give people a read only password to your account, at least this way you wont be accused of posting fake results. I also read about something called myfxbook but I dont know if it can do all you need as I havnt looked at it much.

I think MT4 allows you to give people a read only password to your account, at least this way you wont be accused of posting fake results. I also read about something called myfxbook but I dont know if it can do all you need as I havnt looked at it much.

Thanks pboyles for the reply I'll take a look at myfxbook as well. It's only for my personal use, I'm not after fame and glory so won't be posting any reults :)

Kudos to the guys on here that do post trades though ,it's a valuable insight (y)

Hi All,

I trade spot FX using MT4. I previously made about 20 trades a month for which Snagit and Excel done a great job of record keeping. I've just added Intraday to my repertoire and the admin overhead is too much to use the same journaling method.

My broker does provide some reporting but I'd like to add daily commentary, lessons learnt etc as well as seeing graphs for my trades and the ability to run weekly/monthly analysis and statistics on what I've done. Things like win ratio %, time of the day, average win/loser, how far trades went against me etc.

TradingDiary Pro & StockTickr look reasonable so far.

Any recommendations from what you actually use would be good (y)

Thanks Dooped.

I think TradeMax does this trick very well..
Daily Account Value chart report helps the users compare your current Account Value with other index(DowJones,S&P500) and analyze trade performance based on the detailed information on daily basis, while the Gains & Losses Pie reports give the users a total or summary information about the gains or losses of selected securities during a specific fiscal year or a set time period.

You can have a look at their website for more details http://www.itrademax.com/

The problem with TradeMax is the cost. It's expensive, $208 a year to subscribe annually to the service. The forex journal software that I developed for myself and now make available to other traders is very inexpensive, and has all the features Dooped is looking for.
www.the4xjournal.com