Is this really what I have feared all these years?

Well...., after all, if that is what you´re looking for...., you already got it...., you already win....., but if what you are looking for is real money, my friend you still have a huge road to walk and a good beggining would be to use more your ears....:cool:

It would be better to be younger, too. :) There are those of over 60 who want to start a new career. I'm not one, for sure. Making money is always nice but it is not the be all and end all. However, there is a choice for each of us,isn't there?

Please name these things. Expand. Share, O'Wise One!

jr

Assuming you are trading forex or spread betting then you will get your trades executed without delay or slippage on demo. When you go live then the funny business will start. It's in the brokers best interest for you to make money on demo to get you hooked. When you go live they are trading against you so they will use a variety of methods to take your money off you.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...tor-virtual-dealer-other-plugins-setting.html

Some brokers would probably want you to win in a demo account so they help you along....... I had 1 trade which had gone terribly wrong but at the end of the day it had dissapeared.

I certainly experienced similar things back in the days of MT3. Losing trades where regularly removed from my demo account. Its not something I check these days but doing a periodic check against the trades in the account (even if its a demo), and the trades recorded in some external record such as a trading diary, or database system, or excel is possibly a habit worth forming.

Which demo + system are you using ?
Easier to comment having had a look at it.

Fear of losing real money kills off most newbies.

Fear of losing real money kills off most newbies.
I have a good friend who was an amateur boxer and he said what differentiated
the successful was their ability to comeback from a knockout (losing money).
A very good analogy for trading.

I have a good friend who was an amateur boxer and he said what differentiated
the successful was their ability to comeback from a knockout (losing money).
A very good analogy for trading.

To use the boxing analogy again - a fighter can easily get punch drunk and not even notice the downward spiral just like a poor trader who kids himself on that he will do brilliantly. So somewhere between the 2 philosophies lies the truth for many.