Investing in fast food chains

Chris R

Hi all,

Fast food chains have been in the news a lot lately, notably KFC for all of the rats. Has anyone else visited this site (YumInvestors.com)? It turns out that for 8 of the last 15 sales quarters since PETA launched an international campaign against KFC the stores have show zero or negative same-store sales growth. Also, at the launch of the campaign (4 years ago), KFC said it wanted to have 8,000 U.S. restaurants, but since then, the number has actually GONE DOWN by 80 (they’re still only at about 5,400). Lots of KFCs have closed following PETA protests. I know PETA has campaigned against many other companies in the past and won, and it sounds like they will win this one too (apparently their anti-KFC activist network grew 245% last year). I would be willing to invest in this company after the campaign is over (looks like it costs the company only about 2 cents per meal to implement the technology PETA wants, and ROI would be reached very soon) but until then I am staying away from YUM! stock.

-Chris

i would not recommend investing in fast food shares, health and informational technology is the next big thing

fast food will be good only for the third world countries, so it will probably have a big crash anytime soon and then will get slightly up for the poor countries ( for example- the sweets factories doing well in Nigeria, as people needs sugar there, and if the package says- there is no sugar- they feel cheated)

J.B.