Interesting Findings on Crypto Salaries - A Glimpse from Pantera's Latest Study

Interesting Findings on Crypto Salaries - A Glimpse from Pantera's Latest Study

Hey folks! 🚀

I stumbled upon a super intriguing report from Pantera Capital. It sheds light on the compensation trends within the crypto industry, and some findings might surprise you.

🔹 Crypto vs. Fiat Salaries: Despite the massive hype around cryptocurrencies, about 97% of crypto employees still prefer fiat for their salaries. Only a small 3% opt for crypto, and guess what? Most of them lean towards stablecoins like USDC and USDT. Only a fraction (13%) of this small group chooses Bitcoin.

🔹 Engineer Salaries - Crypto vs. Traditional Tech: Engineers in the crypto domain have a global median salary of $120k. If you're in North America, it shoots up to $193k! That's 1.5% higher than last year and notably above the $166.1k for engineers in traditional tech (Web2).

🔹 Web3 vs. Web2: Senior engineers in the crypto world (often referred to as Web3) generally earn slightly more than their counterparts in the conventional tech world (Web2).

🔹 Work Flexibility: The crypto industry seems to embrace remote work big time! A whopping 88% of roles in crypto are remote, in stark contrast to an estimated 28% in traditional tech roles.

🔹 Compensation Packages: Executive salaries range between $147,363 and $335,400 based on their companies' growth stage. A noteworthy stat: 1 in 5 participants mentioned they received token incentives upon joining. For regular roles, the average incentive was $89k, but for executives, it skyrockets to an astounding $1.3 million! However, remember the volatile nature of the crypto market; these numbers can swing dramatically.

🔹 Vesting & Market Volatility: It's crucial to highlight that the token incentives usually come with a vesting schedule. So, depending on market conditions and company valuations, the actual value can deviate.

Fascinating stuff, right?

It’s an exciting time for the crypto industry. For those considering a shift, it offers valuable insights. Let me know your thoughts!

Stay tuned for more insights in my upcoming posts! 🌟🚀