Interactive Brokers - Whats going on?

markbt

I completed an online application for an account with IB two weeks ago now, scanned and sent the required id documents and funded my account which has been sitting in there for over a week. But I still have not been approved. When I log into account management it still says "Tentively Accepted" next to the documents. I have sent two emails (ignored), spoke to one of their customer service reps yesterday who seemed helpful and said he would message to the UK department and the account should be approved that day but still nothing has happened. Is this normal? Am I expecting too fast a response from this company? Anyone else had a similar experience.

Mark

It does seem quite a long time, yes. Normally it's done within a few days - week at the most I'd say.

Customer Service isn't IB's strong point - although I've never had cause for complaint personally, other people do mention it from time to time. However, I wouldn't use another broker atm.

I'd certainly give them another call if you've not heard anything by now, and just check that they've received your funds - thats normally what holds everything up.

Have you had an email from them saying the account has been approved?

If not, try this email address:

[email protected]

It's always a long slow process signing up with IB.
Could take a month from start to finish.
Be patient and you'll get there.
Glenn

Glenn said:
It's always a long slow process signing up with IB.
Could take a month from start to finish.
Be patient and you'll get there.
Glenn

Huh?

Last time I did it, the whole thing was over and done with in under four days, including funding!

rossored said:
Huh?

Last time I did it, the whole thing was over and done with in under four days, including funding!

you must be a really good busker.

where's your pitch?

Just received an email to say my account is approved. :) Thanks for the replys everyone.

markbt said:
Just received an email to say my account is approved. :) Thanks for the replys everyone.

If memory serves me, you now have to wait another week before you can trade.
Glenn

Try www.twowayfutures.co.uk they use IB platform. they act as a third party for them to set accounts up. with good Customer Service any problems they sort it out for you, but you got to pay for it, they commistion is usually $1,00 R/T more to trade

I am a client with IB for approx. 6 months now..It took only one week opening and funding the account.
Today i sent them a couple of emails with questions.Got answered within 2 hours..