Im going crasy

marchusyoshua

I have tradestaTION 2001i and the globalserver, i altso have the hqdownloader to download eod data from yahoo to export to ascii, and then inport into tradestation globalserver, but pleas tell mee that there is a way to import all the asci files at once, i have 1000 stocks in my portfolio, so i cant import one and one stock, REALLY NEED HELP !!!!!

Yes i really hope you can halpe this is driving mee creazy, i tought after using weal

don_h said:
I use Hquote pro with 2000i, I have to go to work now but will be able to hopefully help you tomorrow morning if I have time, if not over the weekend sometime.

cheers

don

Yes i really hope you can halpe this is driving mee creazy, i tought after using wealth lab that this schould bee simple, so hope you can help

i can fin anything in the hquote where i can export the files as metatrader files ? S

i can fin anything in the hquote where i can export the files as metatrader files ? So its normal ascii

Its that one that i have http://www.hquotes.com/, but i cant

Its that one that i have http://www.hquotes.com/, but i cant find any place on how to export i t as metatrader data ?

But if you can convert it to metatrader data with this one, tell mee how you do it, and i will se if i can do that to

As I dont know how far you are along with this im going to start with setting up HQuote if you've done this already just skip it. Also im using v6.58 so my instructions may not be applicable on earlier or later versions.

1. set up on your HD a folder for your downloads eg C:\stockdata

2. open HQuote click on my workspace, click new on the top buttons, in the box that pops up click next, then click browse and find your folder that you created in step 1 select this and click ok then click finish.

3. now you should see in your HQuote workspace the folder C:\stockdata, select C:\stockdata click new on the top button. Now comes the tedious bit, for adding your 1000 stocks select end of day symbols click next, if most or all your stocks are in the s&p500 good news half of the boring bit is done by selecting s&p500 from the drop down list and clicking copy to complete your selection click symbol lookup url and type or paste in manually your symbols if you already have your 1000 symbols in ASCII format it should be fairly quick to copy and paste from this dont forget to set the starting date for your symbols. All done click finish click update on the top button when downloaded click ok.

4. open tradestation, assuming you have a workspace open, click new (5th top button from the left), select tradestation chart click ok up will pop a create chart window, select 3rd party directory, click new directory select metastock, click browse find your 1000 stocks folder click on 1000 stocks folder click ok click ok again, click plot in the data settings window, choose your chart settings click ok bingo up pops your first chart use the left and right arrows on the top button bar to cycle through your stocks.

hope you can follow all that ok

cheers

Don

oohhh thabk you

Im learning here, so to have the data in tradestation is great.

What if i want to test a strategy on the whole portfolio, how it would do, lets say i want to test a strategy on trading all the 500 stocks in the s&p.

I know hot to test a strategy on one stocj chart but hoe to do that on whole portfolio ?