If you spend your trading day alone, does your mind slow down?

My mind doesn't slow down by working alone - it works much faster. I can completely focus on what I'm doing, which is great. It's like in exams, you take them in silence so that you can concentrate best.

A lot of people I've shared offices with frankly have been t*****s (somebody from this forum with whom I once shared an office excluded), and even with better people there would always be lots of distraction. Work to me is a solitary thing. Social life means going to a pub or out for a meal. The two don't mix as far as I'm concerned.

I love trading alone. After spending years being forced to spend 8 or more hours a day with random strangers (some of whom turn out to be friends, most whom turn out to be idiots) and on top of that be polite to them even though they were incompetent, now being able to choose exactly where and with whom I spend my time is brilliant imo

No problems with mind slowing down...if anything I find time speeds up when you are really zoned

I love trading alone. After spending years being forced to spend 8 or more hours a day with random strangers (some of whom turn out to be friends, most whom turn out to be idiots) and on top of that be polite to them even though they were incompetent, now being able to choose exactly where and with whom I spend my time is brilliant imo

No problems with mind slowing down...if anything I find time speeds up when you are really zoned

Well put.

It can be hard though to break the cycle after trapping yourself inside to become a successful trader for years and actually get out of your computer chair and actually get some sort of life again, or is that just me?

I also find it hard to get away from my charts even with the US markets being closed, maybe I've developed a chart addiction without knowing it?

Swope, you dont get a cvrash after the market closes and you know all your firnds are all outside doing other things and cant even relate to what your day was about? For me its deafening silence to shut down my computer and then have no one to call to talk about my day. I mean come on! Are we just in this to make money? well if so,,,,,money is only good for one thing after survival needs, and that is........"TO GIVE YOU THE TIME AND ABILITY TO CHOOSE THE KIND OF PEOPLE YOU WANT TO BE AROUND. THAT IS MONEYS GREATEST GIFT! Correct me if I am wrong. -)

I trade alone from my home office. It's Bliss.

Not free, I do also, and its pure hell. Im sure adding fuel to the fire is that the last several women I have tried to date , when I told them Id love to have a mate as my trading asst to keep my notes and be like a human pop up reminder thruout my day, they all have had not the slightest desire. And it blows me away when I tell them how the really good traders live. They cant grasp it!!!!!

Even my own father who is 86, follows equities, never once asked when I was trading equities for a living "so how was work?" Now 4 years later he speaks as if i am a bum who does nothing all day. I read in market wizards all those great traders who had family support in one way or another. I have been put on "family ignore." I admit my burning desire is not just for succes but to stick it up all my best friends and family who saw me struggle for many years as a trader and I even offered them many chances to "come watch the excitement of live charts rolling" and not one person ever took me up on it. Well, when I make it, and suddenly when everyone wants to be my friend...ahhhhhhhhhhh.....revenge is sweet.(Dont listen to the naysayers.lol)

I admit my burning desire is not just for succes but to stick it up all my best friends and family who saw me struggle for many years as a trader and I even offered them many chances to "come watch the excitement of live charts rolling" and not one person ever took me up on it. Well, when I make it, and suddenly when everyone wants to be my friend...ahhhhhhhhhhh.....revenge is sweet.(Dont listen to the naysayers.lol)

I can relate to that in every sense... and it was funny to start seeing offers of "how about I give you some money and you can make me money with that" offers come in once success came my way.

Last edited:
It can be hard though to break the cycle after trapping yourself inside to become a successful trader for years and actually get out of your computer chair and actually get some sort of life again, or is that just me?

I also find it hard to get away from my charts even with the US markets being closed, maybe I've developed a chart addiction without knowing it?

Guys .....just go with the flow .......Trading is a vocational lifestyle ....if you have the talent to do it ......then live it to the max as the rewards are there

I cant spend more than a few hours away from watching the forex markets ......

why ?

because thats what I do :)

Dont fight it .....benefit from it...youve found something you like doing that may pay your bills ....unlike most people on the planet

N:smart:

Guys .....just go with the flow .......Trading is a vocational lifestyle ....if you have the talent to do it ......then live it to the max as the rewards are there

Dont fight it .....benefit from it...youve found something you like doing that may pay your bills ....unlike most people on the planet

N:smart:

I do enjoy it, and that is why I do it even though sometimes when dealing with a losing trade and at times questioning why I should ever place another trade but then several hours later I'm chomping at the bit to get back in and carry on the fight. As a full time trader there is nothing better than working one night a week making enough to pay the bills and lifestyle with a fairly unlimited earning potential (based purely on capital). Trading really is the best job in the world (for me)

Dream it, live it, succeed at it...

I do enjoy it, and that is why I do it even though sometimes when dealing with a losing trade and at times questioning why I should ever place another trade but then several hours later I'm chomping at the bit to get back in and carry on the fight. As a full time trader there is nothing better than working one night a week making enough to pay the bills and lifestyle with a fairly unlimited earning potential (based purely on capital). Trading really is the best job in the world (for me)

Dream it, live it, succeed at it...

lol......