IB Backfill doesnt include Tick Data

nine

The new backfill is great IB but flawed for intraday traders. Currently the IB Backfill Data does not have information about the number of trades so it is not possible to create useful tick charts with the data.

Would you be kind enough to include the transaction/tick data as well?

As a lower priority, the more 10 second data you could offer (24 hours would be nice) the better please?

IB always has incorrect volume data, (up to 10 times the actual out), and for this reason it will always be second best for those of us who use volume in my view.

Paul

I might be wrong Paul but the issue was that they didn't report "true" volume and the charting app had to derive it from last trade/last price data which meant you could be wrong if a number of trades took place at the same price and size (in my experience using excel to create IB based Market Profiles).

BUT ... for the exchanges that report it they now have "true" exchange volume they should now be correct. I don't know which exchanges these are but suspect that the US index futures and maybe stocks are included (I don't trade these).

Hi everyone. Please could someone summarise what data backfill is and what tick volume is? cheers

Backfill data is data from the past whether that is 1 minute or 10 years that is pulled from a data provider into a chart.

Paul