I Need The Right People!

ANGELO

HI , I want to branch into comms but cant find a SB that trades london platinum and gold , also could you point out the best value for money traditional comms broker (execution only) . looking forward to trading this exciting area .

thanks for any input :)

p.s commodities is potentialy the hottest thing around , apart from the occasional indecies , why isnt everybody trading comms?

www.capitalspreads.com offer platinum and gold futures, I don't know whether the contracts are from London or not through.

I think commodities have a bad image, it doesn't sound exciting to trade corn for example, but I'm with you, commodities are a valuable market and shouldn't be ignored.

thanks DANF

danfreek said:
www.capitalspreads.com offer platinum and gold futures, I don't know whether the contracts are from London or not through.

I think commodities have a bad image, it doesn't sound exciting to trade corn for example, but I'm with you, commodities are a valuable market and shouldn't be ignored.

thanks danf , I also get the feeling that a lot of people got burnt trading comms!
p.s whats your market?

You could be right about people getting burned in comms,

I trade the major indicies, FTSE 100, S&P 500, DJIA, NASDAQ 100 and the DAX. I trade several currency pairs , GBP/USD, EUR/USD, JPY/USD, EUR/CHF, and I trade Wheat and Soybeans on CBOT.

I trade the indicies end of day and the currencies I will be trading intraday as of next month.

I try to steer clear of fashionable markets like oil so that I can avoid being influenced by news.

If you want to get into comms on US exchanges suggest you consider one of the US clearers such as REFCO or RJO who can provide a nice interface Foget the SB companies there spreads are diabolical.
For european energy IPE is now fully electronic and offers some good arbing opportunity. ou can get direct exchange access via IP too.