I need a SB Broker...

k13shn

Hi everyone,
I've been looking for a spread betting broker to suit my needs for a few days..

Ive always used city index - because they allow small size trades, and ive never had a problem with them, and etrade because there bets roll over without realising the profits - bascially they dont close and then re-open trades overnight....

I'd like an account which allows me to have more than one trade in the same instrument at the same time, for example...
I buy gold @ 900, then it goes up to 905, so i buy again... and then i sell again @ 910 ... in all i'd like to have 3 positions open.. city index and etrade dont allow me to do this..as they just add to the existing position or cancel out and close the old positions I'd also like the same trades to rollover overnight, without being closed/reopened.

I know ig index allow multiple trades in more than one instrument, but they realise all profits/losses at the end of the day

I've called capital spreads, their positions roll over, without closing... but they dont allow more than one of the same instrument to be open..

Etx Capital - Close there positions and re-open, and they dont allow more than one of the same instrument to be open

CMC - Close there positions and re-open, and they dont allow more than one of the same instrument to be open

Does anyone know of a broker that allows you to do both of these ?

Thanks...

Last edited:
just answered my own question.. rang ODL and they say that they dont close positions when they roll over and they allow more than one of the same product open at the same time! so ill give them ago...hopefully there good

Try ETX - (formerly Tradindex) always found them very professional, - NO I do not, nor have I ever worked there. I also use IG but find them expensive and inflexible, City index seem to be going same was as Cantors - closing down credit allocations ...

having 2nd thoughts about funding the odl acc with alot of money now, might just try it with a few hundred and see how it goes...

Etx Capital have a nice platform, but (as above) they close there positions and re-open, and they dont allow more than one of the same instrument to be open.....

having 2nd thoughts about funding the odl acc with alot of money now, might just try it with a few hundred and see how it goes...

Etx Capital have a nice platform, but (as above) they close there positions and re-open, and they dont allow more than one of the same instrument to be open.....

K13shn

On our new Silver platform your rolling daily bets will remain open at your entry level until you close the trade out.

Each evening we will post a one line entry on to your cash ledger for your rollover credit or debit.

We currently do not offer the facility for you to enter a contrary position to an open position. The only real beneficiary of this are the spreadbetting company who lock in the spread you have paid and the financing they charge you for both legs of the open position. However, it seems to be a popular strategy for some people and I have asked our developers to give me an indication as to how long it would take and how much it would cost us to be able to offer this function our clients.

If you'd like to see our Silver platform or try it out, let me know and I'll get one open for you with £100 in it for you to begin with.

Good luck, Rob.